Check this out- and you can comment all the live long day about toddlers in bikinis- I don't care- this was too cute to not post! Apparently my mom had the same view point as me with swimsuits and little girls, because this one is one of her favorites!! Check out that tummy, and those thighs (ham hocks, I like to call them!)!! Not much has changed- though I am NOT posting a pic of my tummy and thighs now!This was 1977- right before my 2nd birthday- in our backyard, right where I sat on a bee the following summer, and creating my first lasting memory. That is the farthest back memory I have- so I don't remember this, but I do love the picture, and it reminds me of my girls- though they are much cuter, I know...I don't take it personally, they happened to have a pretty cute dad- not that mine isn't or wasn't, but you get the idea- my kids are way cuter than I was!!
See, I was a blonde with brown eyes, like Celeste is now...but as I grew, my hair darkened, and my eyes stayed brown. These two really help me see me in my kids- I think they have so much of Dana's side of the family in them that I don't see how I contributed to their appearance, but in these, I sort of can. I did carry them for 9 months, that was a big deal, the least I can get is some hair color, something, right? Is that too much to ask for?! I know some of my friends see the similarities, but it is hard for me, until I saw these two, then I went, "aha! I did get to have a piece of me in them!" I do, however, recognize that my girls attitudes and strong minds come directly from me- that I will gladly, well, sort of gladly, take credit for- but for sure they are cute, cute! I do Celeste's hair in pig tails like this all the time- funny, huh? Her hair naturally parts to the same side as mine did- Leah's too, actually.
I have really had fun with these Throwback Thursday posts- they make me see life through different, fast-forward eyes. It saddens me that life is so short here, and blinking too quickly will make it pass by even faster- I am still trying to slow down and savor these short times while my kids are still so young- I treasure the little things.....like toddler tummies in bikini's!!


8 comments:
I bought Ally her first two piece swimming suit this year. We put it on at a party. It was so cute little with pink polka dots. We were in the bathroom putting it on. She put her hand over her tummy and said, "I can't show everyone my tummy." I thought "oh crap those church teachers have indoctrinated her a bit too much already." I had to go buy her a tankini to go on the top because she refuses to show her belly. No cute bikini pictures for me to save and cherish for years to come. You were so cute and yes chubby as a kid. Not chubby now in the least. I was blond with brown eyes growing up too. I hope I may one day get a blondie.
Every time I see pictures of you as a kid, I am amazed at the resemblance your daughters have. See what they have to look forward to?!
I have such a hard time believing you could ever have been chubby. But there's proof. That's the cutest little baby belly I've ever seen...not to mention the thighs. That second picture looks so much like you now. I love your old pictures.
Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! That is SUCH a cute bikini picture. How darling. It blows me AWAY how much the red dress picture looks like the Kelly I know now-almost more than some of the HS pix I've seen of you. Your smile and eyes-WOW. That's uncanny.
your pictures are so cute! Your kids definitely got some of you in them.
Your scanner must be busy! I was a really chubby lil girl too. My dad was always going, "Your eyes are bigger than your stomach" I fear I still suffer from thsi ailment! ANYWAY...thansk for sharing. It's very cute to see these older pictures of you. The girls defin. are yours, but your right..they have there own look! But I don't know if they were cuter??? Just all very cute! Do you think I could find one more way to type the word CUTE? :)
So you were the first Chubba, not Alex? Those pictures are so cute. I love your Throwback Thursdays too! Don't stop doing them.
Soooooooo stinkin cute! You are so adorable- I love chubby thighs and bellies on babies! :)
Post a Comment