20 July 2008
Chipper's last game...
We call Alex, "Chipper", because his favorite baseball player is Chipper Jones of the Atlanta Braves- Daddy's favorite team, too! Chipper Jones is a 3rd baseman and also a switch hitter, so Alex has tried really hard this year in baseball to be like him. When he is up to bat, we cheer for "Chipper", and Alex just loves it! He is also #10, just like Chipper Jones. Anyway, the Orioles had a terrific season!! They finished the year 6-2! Alex played many positions throughout the season, but really loves 3rd (shocker), and 1st base. He can get it from 3rd to 1st very quickly and that deemed effective in getting the other batter out! He had terrific plays this year, and has really grown to be a great ball player. My Grandpa I am sure is so proud, looking down on Alex playing baseball, because he played AAA for a team when he was in his 20's. Alex loves baseball and continues to practice in the evenings with Dana in the backyard. He is now learning the mechanics of pitching, since next year he begins "player pitch" games. We are so proud of our "Chipper" for always trying his best and being a team player. He is always cheering on the other boys on his team, and all the boys are a great support for each other. We loved watching him play, and here are some pics from the last game...(we beat this team twice- their only 2 losses!!)
He is batting right handed here, but if we were winning and it was the last time he was up to bat, Dana let him hit left handed, and he got a hit every time! His speed is improving too!
Chipper at 3rd- waiting for the other team to get ready.
Rick and Dana were the coaches- and this was their huddle after the win!
My parents, Sean and Steph and the girls all came to see him play!
No matter what sport Alex plays, he tries really hard to learn the game and do his best. He no longer wants to play soccer, and basketball he is still on the fence about, but he really loves baseball. I just want him to have fun with whatever he plays. What is so nice about this age, is that it is not that expensive to play all the sports and try them out to see what you like the best and what you are good at. He has played many sports since he was 5, and this seems to be his favorite. We are proud of his sportsmanship and how he has grown this year. We look forward to next year and seeing how it plays out. We love you, Chipper!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
i used to play softball when i was little. i had fun! I bet alex did/does as well!
Em!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that at least one of my boys plays baseball. I know there are a lot of slow moving games to sit through, but nothing beats a boy in a baseball uniform. SO CUTE!
i love that he has a pro to look up to. When I played basketball I was #33 like Scottie Pippen. Alex is so cute and he seems like a natural athlete to me.
Good job Alex - "chipper" Keep it up. Sports are a wonderful experience that as adults it is much harder to enjoy or find teams.
That is awesome! I am so glad Alex has found a sport that he really really likes!
BTW-Kenzi had a boy...born on Friday. From what I heard he and Kenzi and home and doing fine. Just thought I would let you know!
We just love Alex! He is such a great role model for Spencer and I've really enjoyed watching them play together. I'm bummed we didn't make it to one of his games this year. We would really like to do that next season! I'm sure you are the perfect "baseball" mom & coaches wife!! What a fun family you have:)
So awesome that he enjoyed it! Kenny really did too. I agree it is awesome at this age- they can try it out without breaking the bank too bad. Good for him! :) Good job Alex! :)
that is awesome!i hope christian can be as excited with a sport. we havent tried yet but its about that time! we love u guys!
Post a Comment