
Ahhhh, school pictures! Who loves their school pictures, seriously? With the exception of your Senior Pictures, which cost a mere fortune, the lousy ones taken at your school gym with the same boring background are probably not that great- at least mine never were! Well, this year, my kids' aren't that wonderful, either, but I had to buy them, I HAVE to have them for their books. Why? Because my mom bought them every year, even if they were terrible, and trust me, some were, and don't look for any of mine on this blog, I will NOT be posting any of them! But anyway, since every picture tells a story, I will tell you the story behind these pictures...Well, Alex just lost his 2 front teeth this year, and I wanted him to smile with a "toothless grin", which for the first picture day, he didn't. When I got them back, I insisted that we do "retakes" so I can forever have a picture of this precious grin. He relented, and this is the product. Don't look too closely at his shirt, though, because I didn't know, but it is missing a button! Oh well, he is only 7- he won't totally appreciate this picture till he is much older!
And Leah...well, this was taken the day after her surgery. Yes, the day after surgery on her eye! Her eye looks no worse than the first picture taken of her, when the chalazion was huge and her eyes were shut! Great- gotta love retake day that couldn't be any other day than the day after she has the chalazion removed! Lovely. Well, we also coached her on how to sit up and smile and keep her eyes open. So, you will notice that she is really sitting funny and she is trying really hard to keep her adorable smile! I didn't know it that day, but her face was really swollen from the fluids the day before. When Dana saw the picture, he said, "who is the chubby faced little girl?!" So mean, but I had to admit that she does look a little chubby! I love it, though, because she felt good enough to go to school that day, and she was so happy with the picture outcome! Who am I to argue with that? She is one girl I try not to argue with! She with probably think differently about it later in life, and then she can be mad at me!
So, there you are...School pictures 2007! Every picture tells a story, what is yours?!


2 comments:
I was thinking Leah didn't quite look herself. Poor thing. Your kids are really cute. I love your little leah stories on the side. Kids are so funny.
I don't think Leah looks chubby though. I think the pictures are so cute! I also have a toothless school picture and I'm glad my mom got it!
Post a Comment