Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

15 December 2007

It's almost Christmas...

You can feel it wherever you go...Christmas is everywhere! I love, love, love it! This weekend we had several Christmas encounters, starting with making Gingerbread houses with some of our favorite friends! It was really fun, and despite the messy icing problems we (I) had, our house turned out pretty decent...well, according to the children, it is "awesome"! I'll take that as a compliment! It was hard work, and our roof collapsed under the weight of the shingles several times!Apparently, we weren't the only ones who had difficulty...but the all-out winner for sure is the Wynn's family Gingerbread house! It was fabulous- no surprise there, have you met Delinda? She is amazingly creative, as are her girls, so it was decorated to a T, and even had outdoor decor to blow everyone else out of the water! The Frantz' house was snowy and beautiful, with the girls decorating with perfection, and for sure Ashley's house would be gorgeous, she usually bakes her own- showoff! The Boothe's were so gracious to host such a crazy party- so so fun, and we loved it! Let's hope they invite us again after the mess we left!
This morning, we had our annual Ward Christmas Breakfast, full of excitement as usual! It began with the nativity song, where Alex was a Wiseman and Leah was in the choir- it was so lovely, and I love that Primary Song the best! Then a magician came and the children were amazed at all the tricks! To top it off, Santa arrived and all three of my kids gathered around him for a picture. For Celeste, I had to tell her Santa would give her candy if she sat with him- she relented, but only if I held her- we'll take what we can get at this point! She'll figure out he is her friend next year we hope!To complete the Christmasy day, we got snow! It was very nice when it first fell this early afternoon, but then it turned to sleet and ice is now pouring from the sky! I don't mind, I am now snug in our home, and ready to play some Christmas music while I wrap presents...now, what did Leah ask Santa for again?!

No comments: