Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

21 December 2007

2nd Grade Holiday Party

Today was the Holiday parties at school- whoo hooo! Just kidding, I love school parties, and I love all the help from parents, it's just the food that drives me crazy! So so so much of it!! It is obnoxious how much food (sweets, I am referring to) is brought in for this ONE party! Leah got two plates FULL of crap, as I call it, since she went to her own party and then Alex's class party. Crazy! Celeste had 3 candy canes in Leah's party alone, and then screamed and had a fit when I took the 4th one away! It seems that candy has become a meal for her in our house- several meals, actually! She is one little candy girl! Surprise, surprise!!

I was the "mom in charge" of the class activities in Alex's room today! It wasn't as much work as I anticipated, and it turned out pretty fun! I had them make an ornament out of wrapping paper, and then make a tree or ornament on paper with glue and glitter- not messy at all- right?! It wasn't that bad, thankfully I had 3 other moms and his teacher to help! Then for the finale, the class decorated their teacher, Mr. Cracraft as a Christmas tree- here is the fun they had... He is such a good sport, and the kids so loved doing something to him! I had a good time helping, and honestly, I kept thinking about how much I missed actual teaching in elementary school, and how much I look forward to teaching again...but then, I thought of how short my time is with my kids at home, and I thought that before long they will all be in school, and grown up. I treasure my time at home, I don't want to be anywhere else in the world right now in my life. I am so grateful for these years that I am at home and able to help so much for fun things like this- I love it!

1 comment:

everyday katie said...

Decating your teacher is a GREAT idea. You're so clever. It's so different from other class activities and I bet 7 year olds think that's so awesome. I'll remember that one.