So we picked apples...again! This time it was golden delicious, and yes, they are delicious!! I never bought them from the store, but ripe off the tree...just soo good! It was Friday, and we met Sean and his crew there...good times...


Poor Alex couldn't eat them off the tree...his has to be cut up since he has braces- and he just got a new red "chain" across the front to bring in that gap- thank heavens!! After the expander opened up the gap, it was WIDE, but it looks better, already!
My nieces had a blast too- it was a little cooler than I had expected, and I had taught all day, so I wasn't prepared with jackets, so I heard a little complaining, but other than that, it was great. Then we hit Wendy's for dinner- I didn't have to go home and cook- whoo hoo!
So now, what to do with 20 more pounds of apples...the kids have been eating them like crazy, so I will probably only get a crisp or pie out of all of them!! Oh well, it was worth it anyway!


2 comments:
YUM!!! That looks like so much fun! We have just 1 apple tree in our yard and I'm so excited it produced so much this year!!! I think I'm going to make applesauce!
Oh yes, well worth it! :) so fun!!! :)
Post a Comment