Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

09 September 2009

Workin 9 to 5

Well, 8:20 to 3:20, anyway! So, today I was hired by our school district to be a part-time substitute teacher at my kid's Elementary School!! I love subbing...I have been a sub before- I worked a few days a week when Alex was about a year and a half; my sister in law, Esther graciously watched him for little money (always grateful for that!)- then I took a year off when Leah was born, and then went back the following two years, just barely part time - a few days a month...but now...
I will be working about 2-3 days per week! It is exciting for me- I am anxious to get back to teaching, (what I love), it's been a long time, but also nerving because I am so used to not working at all!! I sort of do my own thing, and now, I am losing that luxury! Don't get me wrong, I am extremely grateful to be able to work, and work where my kids go to school is truly a blessing. They are excited that I will be with them too- for now anyway!! Wait till I get their class!
It is a great job and I am more grateful to Suzanne for volunteering (and making some cash on the side) to keep Celeste at her ultra-cool house (on the way home from her house today, Celeste said, "I wish I was Abby, so Suzanne could be my mom!" )- OUCH!! No, it is a great compliment, she treats Celeste as her own, and I am very blessed to have that. This is the first time I have really had to leave her for a period of time, but seriously, she is nearly 4- she loves time away from me!!
So, my blogging and facebooking will probably not be as frequent...sad, huh?! I am kidding...this is a great time- I feel very happy to be in this position- and let's face it- I love school- I love the kids, (most of them know me by now), I love the staff at our building, and it is a great school district- it is going to be great!

6 comments:

everyday katie said...

congrats. Working part time sounds fun.

I am Laura said...

Good for you. Good luck. I am glad you have a great place to take Celeste. That is so important. Enjoy being a working momma. I think you will love having some time away and using your brain and energies on something more than the same old same old of motherhood.

Lauri said...

Can't wait to hear some substitute stories.

Amanda B. said...

Good luck to you! I am happy for you in your excitement. so THAT explains why Suzanne brought Celeste with her to choir practice (I am the babysitter there...)I thought it was just a playdate. How great for Celeste she will get to play with Abby often! :)

I agree with Lauri- I am sure you will have some good stories...can't wait to hear them!

Es Wells said...

i am excited for you. have fun, sounds like Celeste will be. It will help her get ready for being away at school soon too. It is so great that you are working at the kids school. How perfect!

Autumn said...

Wow! Have a good time! I'm anxious to hear more.