Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

12 January 2009

The first week of the new year...

I have been trying for days to come up with something to post about...but I am blank!! I have nothing, nada- seriously, I have had a boring week- the best thing is that I gave a talk yesterday at church- I am just glad it is over. It had been 2 years since I spoke last- the highlight was that I got to speak after Bonnie- she was fantastic. The most memorable part of my talk, was that I had Leah, my "shoot from the hip" girl come up and read a quote by Spencer W. Kimball:

"A testimony is not an exhortation. A testimony is not a sermon. It is not a travelogue. It is not a story. You are there to bear your own witness in two minutes or less."

She was fantastic. She stole the show and I know people will remember nothing of my fabulous talk on Testimony, but they will not forget what she said! She was perfect and it made an impression- so the point!

I have little else to report on- I know- how boring am I?!
I was looking through old pics and found this from last January- look how much my baby has changed?! She is getting so big, and her hair is so much longer now, and she wants so much to be a big girl like Leah. I miss this girl...

She still had that little girl face last year...
Look at the difference one year can make: Her hair is so long, but so fine, and she doesn't really seem to mind it, even when it hangs in her face- thankfully she will let me put pretties in it- but they come out the minute we get home!


I had to bribe her to keep this headband in her hair for the picture- the bribe, gum- yes, this girl will do anything for gum- including staying in her bed all night- bless Dana for figuring out what she loves...it is priceless!
This week, I am buying a new back door- if that isn't exciting, well, I don't know what is- seriously, I am very much looking forward to it- and I will post pics of my new kitchen curtains, courtesy of my wonderful mother- and so just hang on a day or two- I will keep trying...

6 comments:

I am Laura said...

wow Celeste sure does look older in just a years time and her hair is so much longer and a bit straighter. I love her blond hair with even more blond highlights. She is gorgeous.

everyday katie said...

She really has changed a TON. But still as cute as ever. I love her hair in pigtails.

Suzanne said...

Celeste is such a cutie! I had to take Abby to the bathroom during your talk so I missed Leah. I'm so bummed. But since I did miss it I only remember how wonderful your talk was. In fact I used a section of it in my Young Women lesson. Be grateful for a boring life. It won't stay quiet long. I am so far behind in my blog posts. I'm just trying to get caught up to Christmas. I can't wait to publish it!!!

Amanda B. said...

Your talk was very good! And, not just Leah's part (though that was awesome...) but the whole thing! Unfortunately, I fear the ones really needing to hear it probably didn't still.

I know what you mean about it being a dry blogging week- I have the same problem!

Lauri said...

I think we're all there with the boring week for blogging. I had to post re-runs since nothing new has happened.

Tina said...

I wish I could've been there to hear your talk. I bet it was wonderful!! Could we perhaps borrow Leah to talk to our ward about a proper testimony!!!