Alex's second year of playing Upward Basketball began today! He had his first game, and it is quite clear that this year he is one of the best players. He is still in the 2nd/3rd grade league, but he is the older half this year and it is very obvious. He isn't even that fantastic, but since many of the other boys on his team haven't played before, he looks like the stand-out player. He only made one shot, but attempted 3- they don't keep score, but our team got killed- it wasn't pretty. Oh well, they have 7 more games, so hopefully they will get better- one thing's for sure- they can't get much worse! Here are some shots of my cute #1 player!
I love this action shot- this is him driving it in to score!
He got defensive player of the game- he is getting more aggressive!
He loves being #22, since that is Aunt Ivy's football number!
He is usually the one to take the ball down the court.

He is working on rebounding- he needs to get his hands up!


So, our Saturday mornings for the next 7 weeks will be here- and I don't mind. I love that he has fun and is learning so much about the sport. He tries so hard and is very committed to playing- I love that he likes playing it too- since it is a sport he will play for much of his life! Baseball is his true sport love, but in the winter, he loves this too. I will try to get better pics next time- but agree- he is the cutest player on the team, huh?!!
03 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
No doubt- definitely the cutest there!! :) Kenny has been asking to play basketball, but I am not sure where to go and I am sure we missed it for the year.Hopefully next year. But, he is looking forward to soccer again!
Those pictures are so cute. I look forward to things like that.
Post a Comment