Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

16 December 2008

Girls Gone ________! (Shopping, of course!)

In above pic- Karen, me, Lish, Jackie, Tara, Suzanne, Julie and Melissa. Sitting is Tina and My Hien. This was Saturday before we headed out! We are ready!
This weekend was our annual "girls shopping trip" to the outlet malls! Words can't describe how I look forward to this trip every year! It is such a highlight in my year! I know, it doesn't take much, huh?!
Well, we had 10 girls this year- one of our biggest groups! Such fun, amazing women! We had some new faces this year- rookies Suzanne, Jackie, and Tara joined in and I am pretty sure they will sign up again next year! This is a unique, sort of elite group of girls, honestly- there are stipulations for being invited: - Lish started the group, so she is sort of responsible for this! They have to be FUN, FUNNY, and love to shop! The dynamics of the group can change from year to year, but rest assured, there is never a dull moment, and they didn't stop this year until Jackie and Julie went to sleep around 3am!
Suzanne, Jackie and I got there around 3:30 and met up with Lish, Melissa, Karen and Tara (all girls from her new ward). They had been there since 11am and had only gone down one row!! It takes a while when you shop in a group- but that is so part of the fun. I love to shop alone...honestly, I really do, EXCEPT when on this trip! I love the group shopping and togetherness of it all. Without friends around, who would I be able to laugh at all the crazy styles of clothes and shoes with?! That is the best part!
We of course hit Harry and David, where we all bought relish and yummy treats to share. We then hit Bob's for dinner before heading to our hotel. I didn't take pics at the hot tub- pretty sure some of the girls would not be happy with that- especially MyHien, who didn't bring her suit, but managed to get somewhat in the water! Picture that! But we weren't in the hot tub long, since it was not very clean and the water was too chlorinated.
We just ventured down to our adjoining rooms and got comfy till the wee hours of the morning! No, Lish sent us out around 12am, and then we stayed up a little later! The beds were awful, so we might as well stayed up all night anyway!
Saturday we started early- 9am and we stayed until around 4. We hit every store we wanted and some more than once! I did get some great deals- just fun, in expensive items, that I probably didn't need...but oh well! Tina got a coat again this year- she loves Wilson's! I got Celeste a new coat at OshKosh and myself some clothes at Gap and Banana Republic- an entire outfit for $15!
I am sad it has come and gone- but I have next year to look forward to- and trust me, I already am!! (oh, and while I was gone, the garage door broke! Another home repair!! Will it ever end?!)

7 comments:

I am Laura said...

Wish I could have come. That is such a fun trip and it is so nice to be with just girls.

Tina said...

This was the highlight of my year!!! I had a blast. It is so much fun meeting new people. The dynamics of the group have changed and yet they are still the same. FUN!!!

Tina said...

Hey Kel, can you send me the pic of all of us at Bob's? I'll send you the pics of us in the room.

Suzanne said...

That was a fun weekend. Thanks for thinking I was cool enough to be part of "the" group! I love a good deal and you seem to sniff them out so it's great shopping with you.

Thanks for the pics too. I snatched them from your blog!

Home Management Group said...

So jealous! Could somebody go win the lottery & share some with me so that I would have to work & miss all the fun every year!!!

Lauri said...

You have such fun friends that do such fun things together. What a good time!

Amanda B. said...

Sounds like a blast! Glad you all had fun. Your group looks pretty full, but if you ever have an open spot, I know someone who would love to go....

:)