Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

05 December 2008

Leah's First Lost Tooth!

On Friday night, about 10 minutes after I put her to bed, Leah comes running downstairs very much excited to announce to me that she has her first ever "wobbly tooth"! She has called them "wobbly" ever since reading Charlie and Lola - one of their books about teeth falling out. I said, "wow- now go to bed!"- kidding, of course I indulged her a minute or two- she was so happy! So, on Saturday, when we went to visit Es and her kids, she of course told everyone, and discovered that Ethan, her cousin had his first loose tooth too! The same one! So, she wiggled that tooth all day and all day on Sunday too! Monday she woke up, and told me about it again, and had me feel it- I told her it probably had a few more days in it before was ready to come out- well, she apparently didn't want to wait that long, because as soon as she got in the van after school, she showed me, so proudly, her empty space and a tooth in a baggie! She had pulled it out in school- all on her own! Now, this is a first for me, because I have pulled ALL of Alex's loose teeth out of his mouth- he can hardly stand to do it by himself! I should have known that is Leah- she is determined, that girl of mine...she was so cute.

So, Monday night, the tooth fairy came, and this is her Tuesday morning:
She was even happier with the dollar- honestly, it doesn't take much to make her happy- they are all about the cash right now. Actually she spent it already- she bought Christmas gifts for her family that night- such a sweet girl. Just love her. Now she already wiggling the one beside it- pretty soon the tooth fairy will be broke!

7 comments:

Emilee said...

at leasst no pain was involved. lol. good for leah, go girl. lol
Em!

Moms Are Contagious said...

How FUN! I lost my first tooth in kindergarten class, blood everywhere, but then when I got home I lost my tooth somewhere in the kitchen. The tooth fairy still came though!

Amanda B. said...

Congrats Leah!!! Yeah, Jacob has been loosing them like crazy! The tooth fairy has been a bit stressed trying to keep dollars around.... My kids have never pulled their own teeth out. A few have come out on their own, or Aaron pulls them (I can't handle it...Ewwwww..)

Tina said...

I'm not surprised that Ms. Independent Leah pulled out her own tooth. The tooth fairy is so generous. Tell her I said congrats!

Abbey said...

She is a trip, I always hated loosing teeth. I only got a quarter from the tooth fairy, she is pretty nice at your house. Leah must have a high tolercence for pain. I always waited till they were hanging on to nothing.

Liza said...

she had showed me it was loose, such a silly one she is!

Home Management Group said...

Congratulations Leah!