Gift wrap or gift bags?
I love to wrap! I love to buy paper-and I have so much that I have to buy a new container for all the rolls! I have to steer away from the pretty papers when shopping for gifts. I seriously have to not even look because I could buy it all- I think I have another addiction...
I do like bags, though, and yes, I recycle them too!
Real or artificial tree?
Well, if I had my ultimate choice and it was my decision alone, I would choose a real tree- but, in the marriage of compromise, I lose this one, and we have a crappy $24.95 Walmart tree that we got in 2000. Every year I long to get a new one- even attempting to hit Home Depot last Friday at 6am for a pre-lit, but to no avail. Maybe next year. The real reason we don't ever get a real tree? Our first Christmas, we got one, and while we were in Chile, Dana's wonderful brother forgot to water it, and it died....therefore causing needles all over my carpet and when sweeping them up, broke our first vacuum. So there's the real story for ya.
When do you put up the tree?
Always the day after Thanksgiving. I love it- probably one of the best days of the year.
When do you take down the tree?
Before New Years Day. I get a little down after the big day, so getting my house back in order becomes top priority, and getting the new gifts out of the front room is even more important!
Do you like eggnog?
To be fair- I have never tried it- though I hope I never do, either.
Favorite gift as a child:
I would have to say a Cabbage Patch Doll. They were super hard to find, and when they were at a store, it became pandemonium to get one. It was an insane phenomenon. I cherished all of my dolls, and these kind were my favorite.
Hardest/easiest person to buy for:
I have several hard people to buy for: my dad, my brother, and one of Dana's sisters' (the one who has everything already!)
I have several easy people to buy for: Alex, Leah, Celeste, Dana, my mom and just about everyone else!
Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, we have 3- one I started collecting before we were married- a Dreamsicles one- we bought one in Chile for Dana's mom, then she gave it back, and last year we got the Little People Nativity- and it is now my favorite.
Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
I mail mine- Dana chooses to email- and I say it's tacky and impersonal. I still send them out, and he emails his to other friends...sorry if you have been one of them!
Favorite Christmas movie:
Elf for sure- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is next- and Serendipity.
When do you start shopping for Christmas?
It depends...for my kids I can shop very early. If I find something cute for anyone, I pick it up, but generally I don't really start until October/November. I like to get it done with, but still shop the crowds, just don't try to have to get the hardest to buy gift during the rush.
Favorite things to eat during the holidays:
Christmas Eve, my family gathers at my parents house where we have all sorts of appetizers- each year they differ, but some stay the same, like Rotel dip and shrimp cocktail..can't wait!
Favorite Christmas song:
Dana just said that we have more Christmas CD's than any other kind! We love Christmas music, and I have too many favorites- one CD is just a variety of artists and we love it- the best song on there is by Bruce Springsteen- "Merry Christmas Baby"!
Angel or star on top of your tree?
This is the first year we have put a star on the top- usually we have just ribbon or a bow. I was just waiting to find the perfect star, and last year after Christmas I found it....at Target!
Open gifts Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
I try to change tradition every year...I don't win!! I hate the wait! I am so impatient, and so I try to get Dana to let us open a few early- he never concedes...so we exchange with each other on Christmas Eve, and with my parents, and the kids give each other theirs too- so Christmas morning it is all fun stuff from Santa. We give the kids gifts from us- always clothes- they are never that excited...!
Most annoying thing about the holiday season?
Slow cashiers!
Favorite ornament theme/color:
We have a kid tree- and all the ornaments, though kiddish are my favorites. My dad has been getting me a Hallmark photo one each year, that I put our whole family picture in that we take Christmas Eve. I love it because I can see how we have all changed through the year- they are my favorite to put up. Oh, and our first Christmas ornament- I love that one too.
Favorite Christmas dinner:
We eat at my parent's and my dad does a yummy ham. We have great side dishes, and sometimes my brother will bring these delicious twice stuffed potatoes they sell at his deli. My dad does Prime Rib about every other year- I don't eat it, so I get something different instead!
What do you want for Christmas?
Peace on earth, goodwill to men!
Oh, and a Wii Fit! (Actually I already know it's waiting for me!)
Now, if that was fun, and you want to play too- it's your turn! Merry Christmas to you...23 days early!
02 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I loved reading your answers! It is fun to read everyone's take on the same questions. I could hear your personality as I was reading it- as if I was hearing you talking. :) I love Christmas!!! Bring it on! :)
Fun answers...I especially like your answer to what you want for Christmas...Peace on earth, oh yeah, and a wii. Priceless!
A wii fit-how fun!!!! I could definitely picture you getting your house in order the next day after Christmas!! Bummer about the broken vacuum-I could see why that would turn you towards an artificial tree!
Post a Comment