Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

17 October 2007

Chapter 9

Well, today is Wednesday, the 17th of October, (already?!), and yesterday I took Leah to Children's for her surgical consultation-yep, she has to have surgery on that Chalazion. I sort of resigned to that before yesterday, but the pediatric opthamogist, pretty much said that too. There is, however, a chance, slim though it may be, that it will pop on its own and I can cancel the surgery! That would be terrific! I am so praying for that, not because I don't trust the surgeon, but that I don't want her to go under anesthesia if she doesn't have to. It will be fine either way, so the surgery will be on Wednesday 7 November. She isn't nervous, she is so brave! The funny about yesterday's visit, was when they dialated her pupils! I have had this done before, so I knew what an odd feeling it is when you can't see up close anymore and the details in objects become obsolete (so thankful for good vision!). But watching my 5 year old experience this was something I hope to not forget! She kept blinking, trying to focus, on my face, then finally after a few times, said, "Mommy, I just can't see you up close anymore!" It was darling! I just smiled and laughed inside, because it was so cute! She is a trooper, I tell ya, she was so great during all the gamet of exams they put her through. Her vision, thankfully, is not being affected by this massive bump on her eye, (and the doctor said it was way larger than many he has seen), so that is good. The other part is that she is very succeptible to get them again, since the oil glands could continue to clog once she has had one. Odd. Anyway, to remedy them off, every day, for forever, she will have to wash her eyelids with a warm washcloth with baby soap. We did this last night, she whinced because it is a tender area. But we did it, and hopefully it will help this one and ward off any other future ones. I will fill in as time goes by...

Last night we had Curriculum night at the school, which was fun for the kids. Dana's only comment is that "we have to move!" I know what he meant, but I still really like the school and the kids really are doing great and have amazing teachers, for that I am grateful! We got the pleasure of taking Autumn's babe Ellie with us, she caught the eyes of many onlookers, which I am sure was because she is so adorable, but also because some may have thought I am crazy enough to have another so close in age to Celeste. I am crazy, but not that crazy! It was still fun and they all had a good time.

We are heading to the Circleville Pumpkin Show tonight, so I will post some fun pics later. And I will let you know when the Orkin man visits and destroys the fleas-ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Yes, they are still here! I hate, hate, hate it!!!!

Blog later,
Kelly

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Can't wait to see more pix. Thanks again for taking Ellie. I love your comment on craziness. :)