This is a photo of the chalazion on Leah's eye- isn't it huge?! We found out yesterday that it will have be surgically drained!! LALALALA- that is not what I wanted to hear! I am not excited about that, but I want her to get better, the crazy thing is driving her crazy! She goes to Children's Opthamology next Tuesday for a surgical consultation- I am hoping for surgery next week, but it is a busy practice, and it could be later. Just for reference, a chalazion is sort of like a stye, but it is on her upper lid, and isn't going away with warm compresses, so it will have to be drained, while under anestheia. It is not caused by bacteria, but from oil glands that aren't draining on their own. She will probably be more succeptible to get them again. At this time, I don't know much more, but will find out lots next Tuesday. I will post more info- if you want to know more about chalzion's, link here. http://eugeneeyecare.com/conditions/Eyelid_Stye.FS.Chalazion.htmlThe thought of your child going into surgery is not a happy thought, but I do believe modern medicine (my grandma told me today that when she was a child, the doctors probably didn't know what to do about them, so they let them stay there!!) Wow, we are so blessed to have the technology and education through our doctors in these days! I often say that Heavenly Father knew I would not have survived had I not been born later! I seriously would've been lost somewhere! I know I was spared for a reason! Keep Leah in your thoughts and prayers, and I will get back on it soon!
On a good note, tonight Alex was awarded a "Character Education Award" from his teacher at an awards ceremony! His teacher says he goes above and beyond what is expected of him in the classroom- very nice compliment! Here is a cute photo of him with his award certificate and with his principal. Enjoy - and notice, he isn't smiling with his "toothless grin"- he prefers the lip smile! Still too cute!
.jpg)



2 comments:
I meant to talk to you at church yesterday about Leah. That sounds awful. Having your kids go under is no fun at all. Reid's had to do it twice. The first time i was a wreck.
SO good luck teaching RS. That was a joke yesterday. Thank goodness for sheri cannon. She was the only person trying to steer the lesson in the right direction. You're a natural teacher, I'm sure you'll manage.
your blog is very cool. Now you have to teach me how to use this thing. Send me any helpful websites. Anyway our blog is wolfpack247.blogspot.com. Cute huh?(Kayla said that) After I told Keith what our blog name was he started laughing. Evidently, he ordered a personalized license plate for me today as a surprise for my birthday.It says'WULFPAK' on it. Is that odd or what!!!! I tried to upload pictures, but our connection is toooooooooo slow. I'll have to wait till we get high speed to really improve our blog. Hope everything goes well at the doctor today.
Love,
Jen
Post a Comment