Well, at the time the kids were in their own bedrooms- and we hadn't decided to have another baby. Leah's room was already purple, and Celeste's room was yellow. Alex's big room and our room were stark white flat paint. I could not wait to get them painted. So, a few weeks ago, we brought back our painter and had him do the bedrooms. I was so happy that day! The only room we left alone was Leah's purple room, because that will now be Elaina's room, and the big girls are together in Alex's old room, and Alex in the yellow one...we just played ring around the rooms basically.
I picked the Sisal for our room- it's just such a nice color. The girls chose Cotton Candy, and Alex chose Colorado Springs. These rooms will stay these colors for a really long time- trust me!! I have zero intention of having them redone for YEARS!! The kids love their new rooms too!
We hung curtains in the girls' room- the pink softens the purple they chose- and they seem to love that too. Alex got Atlanta Braves Fat Heads this summer, and so they were the first thing to go on the walls. He decided against curtains for now. Within a year, all our windows will have nice, faux wood white blinds in them, so they will eventually look nicer and shut out more light. Here are the new rooms:
Even though I have spent too much time in my bed these last couple of months, I don't seem to mind it as much now that it is painted- it's just cozier and warmer. So, one project done...just a tip of the iceberg!


2 comments:
NICE!
Looks great Kelly. I kicked Noah out of his room (bunking with Owen) and painted the nursery ceiling this week and it took me an entire day just to do the ceiling AND 1.5 coats of paint (stupid popcorn ceilings). I guess the entire day wasn't spent painting the ceiling b/c I did do touch up work etc. I am a super picky painter and have to caulk all along the molding and I use a tiny paintbrush to make sure the line between the ceiling/wall is perfect. How the professionals do it in 2 hours is beyond me. Everything looks so good. I need to take a closer look at this sisal color b/c I'm having the worst time picking the colors for my office.
Post a Comment