Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

25 January 2011

I am so loved.

On Saturday, about 9am, my doorbell rings...
Seriously?!
I am out of bed...barely...
In my robe, hiding the pajamas underneath that don't fit at all...
Hair a mess, no make-up, and a slight headache.
Picture that.

I carefully open the door, without even looking out the window next to the door. There stands a nice delivery man, holding this:An Edible Arrangement! I still have no idea who was sweet enough to send this to me- I just kindly thank him- I am sure he is happy to be out of my sight as well...and head to the kitchen.
The girls are giddy with excitement- as well as I am- how nice to have a delivery of this wonderful treat at my door on a cold, snowy Saturday morning!

Inside is a card from my dear friend, Allison, Alex's 1st and 3rd grade teacher, and a colleague who I subbed for last year....she had just read my blog, and didn't know I had been sick...I hadn't gotten around to telling most of my staff friends that I had resigned, so she didn't know. How thoughtful- I just cried....

I have the best friends...I truly do...my family calls regularly to check on me- my father in law every couple of days- it has been so nice and wonderful. I am beginning to feel better- this new dosage is doing something...I am hopeful about it continuing. I have a blood draw tomorrow to see if it will last for a while longer. I am not symptom free by any means, but able to do day to day tasks a little easier.

I am so very grateful for all the thoughts and prayers you have all sent my way- I feel them- I really truly do. A very special thank you to Allison for this delight- it lasted about 10 minutes, by the way- it was heaven sent! The chocolate covered strawberries were divine, and there are few things I love more than fresh pineapple- and how cute are they?!
Here is a closer look:This brightened my day, and certainly my week and perhaps the whole month- it's amazing how simple things can change things! SO thankful, SO grateful, SO blessed, SO loved. I love you too!

3 comments:

Liza said...

that is awesome and ive wondered if those turned out well. now we know! glad so many love you!

Es Wells said...

looks yummy!

Autumn said...

How awesome!! Looks delicious! I am so sorry you're feeling rocky! Ick. I LOVE the felt decor!