it became sort of an obsession this summer when I logged off Facebook...
now I just check them every few days-
So, I saw this tutorial about making a simple heart craft for Valentine's Day. Didn't seem that hard to me, so I went out and bought the materials- a whole 3 bucks for it all.
Here is the original picture and simple instructions:
Cute, huh?!
1-You purchase a cheap plastic heart plate
2- You cut out red felt circles (it fails to mention you need a million!)
3-You fold them and hot glue them to the plate
4- Any pattern you want
5-Display it somewhere in your house
Doesnt' sound so bad or hard, right?!
That's what I thought!
First of all- I have dull scissors- that didn't help.
Second, I cut for over 2 hours- crappy circles out of felt with crappy scissors- 6 sheets of felt- each getting nearly 30- do the math- it was a lot of circles!!
It took 3 hours for the entire project- pretty sure the original person making this isn't a novice, like me, and picked a smaller plate!
Anywho, here is mine:
Here is my mantle, and my black table now- I will put it on one of them to finish it off:


3 comments:
I think it is super cute. If I ever see precut red felt circles I would do it myself. I am too lazy to cut for that long. ha ha.
Also I love your mantle and table. Your home looks so cozy and nice.
very cute, you did way better than I could ever imagine doing
very cute! I'm glad you were honest with the # of circles required and how much time it really took.
Post a Comment