Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

26 August 2010

School is Cool.

Today Alex and Leah both started new schools. Alex started at the Middle School and Leah at a new Elementary. I think I was more nervous than them...
Alex DID NOT want to wear a polo shirt- but I said he had to on his first day- he picked it out when shopping, I reminded him- this might be his school picture shirt too!
He had to have his hair spiked just right and his cool dragon necklace from Venice Beach. I asked him not to squint, but I think he is about done with me taking back to school pictures- and even asked me to hurry so no one would see him as they passed by....my how things have changed- I guess that is the way with 5th grade boys!
Leah was a bit more eager to pose for me...(you love my red door, huh?! 8 coats of paint- yep, 8!!) Anyway, she looks 3rd grade, doesn't she?
She is still into peace signs, so this one was a no brainer for her first day back to school!
Her adorable new backpack from Grandma. Funny side note: we got to her class today and her teacher just bought the lunch tote with the same design! Good taste, huh?!
All decked out and ready for the first day...
Leah waits at the bus stop- which is right across the street from our house- love that!
And off she goes to 3rd grade...
Alex get to ride to school each day- he could walk, but either way, he is on his own! Too big for mom to be involved...He had so much stuff to carry that I actually had to take his supplies over for him later!
Both should be getting home in an hour or so...I am excited to hear all about their first day at new schools- this should be an interesting year!

2 comments:

Amanda B. said...

They really look great!!! The first day is always so exciting! :) Love Leah's backpack!!! That is just way too cute! :)

Autumn said...

FUN pics! I totally noticed the red door before you even mentioned it. LOVE it!!