Well, not Olympic, per se, but ice skating for the first time...
Last week, Leah got to go to the ice rink where the CBJ play and skate! She had never been before and so this was a real treat! She wasn't as apprehensive as I thought she would be, and even after falling several times, she got back up and tried again...she is determined...wonder where she gets that?! We skated for over an hour and she even got a couple of autographs- so cool, she thought! Here are our fun pics of that night:
She skated around and around with Lily- who is the one whose skating birthday party Leah first learned to roller skate at:

You can't tell that well in the pic, but her pants were really getting wet from falling on the ice!

Autograph #1

She found Chloe- her other BFF there!

This was her first loop around...she looks a little nervous, despite that smile!

This was when we were getting ready to leave- she was getting pretty worn out, and to be honest, so was I!

Leah and Stinger- Autograph #2

Leah and Lily- aren't they so cute?!

You can see in this pic that Lily had fallen a few times too! Today is President's Day and we were going to go roller skating again with Lily and her family, but it is snowing... AGAIN! Probably another snow day tomorrow! Not that I am complaining...I made it out shopping for food early this morning before the snow came, so we are good...plus, if all else fails, yesterday I got a whole loaf of Bob Evan's Cherry Bread...so I am just fine!
3 comments:
I have never had bob evans cherry bread. Is it good?
Such a cute post. I can't imagine my Ally trying to ice skate. She falls at least 10 times a day on non slick surfaces. I love the pictures you took. Leah is a sweet girl. What a lucky mom you are.
what a blast! I haven't done that in probably 15 years. How cool that you and her got to spend time together! :)
we have been wanting to do that too. looks like a lot of fun!
Post a Comment