Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

24 October 2009

Skating Sensation

So Leah got invited to a skating party for her friend Lily's birthday from school. We have been invited and had chances to go skating before, but have never actually gone...until last Saturday. This was Leah's first time EVER skating- and me, well, I haven't been in probably 15 years, at least! Dana and I used to go ice skating when we were first dating, but that is a different type of balance all together! So anyway, Leah and I went, and this was how it started for her:




And this is her after a two trips around the rink:



Not bad!! She got the hang of it pretty quickly! I was happy after those first two trips around, because she was falling quite often- I promised her I wouldn't post pics of that!! As for me, well, I did pretty well...I never fell, though I did nearly lose my balance a time or two, but I even skated backwards for these shots- not bad for many years off the rink! It was really fun, though, and so I am proposing a girls night skating party for all who are up for it! I think it would be a blast from the past to skate again like we did many years ago- so let me know if you are game!

1 comment:

everyday katie said...

I am SO IN!! I skated for a girls night in Texas and it made me want to buy my own skates and take it up as a hobby. Great work out. WAY FUN!

Let's seriously plan this.