
Yesterday I received the letter from the courts with the scheduled date of Mediation between myself and the plumbers...it was for next Thursday...and Today, I received this letter with a check!! I am over- the -moon excited, happy, ecstatic and overjoyed at this moment!! I can hardly contain myself and the smile on my face is starting to hurt!
It is an end to a very long principle fight that I was adamant was worth fighting for...it is the little things that bother me the most, and in the grand scheme of life, this fight was probably not huge, BUT to me, it is the princple of it all- you cannot damage someone's property and then refuse to pay for it. It is just not right...I know there are many injustices in life and 99% of them are far worse than this...it is simply that it is unfair to take advantage of people, and if we don't learn this lesson as children, we will grow up to think in this way...I just can't sit back and let that happen, if I can control it...so I fought...and I WON! Go me!!
I thought about going out and shopping to celebrate...that's me, really, but I remembered that I bought this cute pair of shoes yesterday, so I will count that as my victory purchase!! Aren't they cute?! I love the price even better- $7!


10 comments:
Congratulations you fierce fighter!!! I'm so proud of you. It's nice when things actually work out! And, I absolutely love the new shoes!
Way to go at least you didnt have to go to court. And you and your shoes I wish i could find bargans like that but no such luck.
Exciting!!!!! (the check and the shoes)
Sweet! I'm glad you fought it. Way to go Kelly.
good, a lesson to us all. i thought they would bend! i was just hoping it was before you paid for court! good.
Way to go. My husband would be so proud of your legal skills.
Go YOU! I can't believe they let it go this far- Seriously:)
WooHoo!!! Yay!! You definitely did the right thing by fighting- no matter how "small" it was. I am happy for you! :)
that is great. I am glad it worked out for you. and you did it the right way with no profanity or insults.
Cha Ching!!!
Post a Comment