Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

22 February 2009

Can't Touch This....

Okay, it's 1992 and MC Hammer sings the song of the year- It's "You Can't Touch This", and us 7 girls are totally rockin it! We are teenagers of the 90's and life is good!

Okay, so really it's 17 years later and though we don't rock out to that song anymore, we still are girls of the 90's who haven't spent much time together since those days- until last night...thanks to Facebook, we have reconnected on the Internet, and now in person! I cannot really say how much I looked forward to hanging out with these ladies...it was super fun and more laughing than I thought possible!

Renee, Angie and Wendy and I get together regularly, and I see Christy every once in a while- we talk on the phone more often, and even that is not that much. But none of us had seen Jenifer or Kim since those days of MC Hammer! Seeing them and hanging out last night caught us up on their lives and we can't wait to do it again! Both of them actually live here, and Kim only lives a few miles from my house! Funny how we hung out nearly every day of our childhood, from the time we were 4 or so (she lived down the road from my grandparents), until we graduated, but after graduation in 1993, we never saw each other again! She is wonderful, exactly as wonderful as she ever was- it saddens me that we didn't keep up our friendship all these years...I know from now on, I will be a regular in her life whether she likes it or not! I just love these friends, and taking a trip down memory lane was just what I needed yesterday...here we all are - and yes, we all look much like we did 17 years ago, but BETTER!
I must explain that Angie said we all look slimmer if we put one leg out while standing to pose- so we all tried,..Oh, and you can tell it's winter- we are all pale, except for Renee who still goes tanning! She is always looking like it's summer!!
From left to right: Kim, me, Renee, Angie, Christy, Wendy and Jenifer. Oh, and there were 4 cameras going at once, so some people are looking other directions...this is the best you get!
Is it not hilarious that we are all wearing cute shoes and jeans?! Some of us even had our hair done for the night...hey, it's been a while since we'd seen each other- we had to look our best!! Funny thing...we don't even go anywhere- this is at Renee's house!!
I know that we will have more of these nights in the near future- it was just too fun! Thanks girls!

6 comments:

everyday katie said...

What a fantastic night. I'd do anything for a night like that with childhood friends. I always miss out since I didn't stay close to home.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kelly, you are sooo Fabulous!!!!
It was a GREAT night. How funny that everyone looks AND acts exactly the same. I guess that's why they say "some things never change!" Thanks for the smiles!!!XOXO

Lauri said...

Nothing like hooking up with old friends! You should have gone to a MC Hammer concert...I hear he's on tour again:)

Abbey said...

That is so fun, I couldn't imagine getting in touch with all my old friends. Tell you friend Renee to be careful of those tanning beds.

Autumn said...

What a blast.

Liza said...

good times!