Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

13 August 2008

Day 1 and 2 in Paradise


Here are some pictures from the first day of vacation- Saturday evening- we just arrived, unpacked a few things, headed to the pool and then the beach!

We just love the lazy river- we went there EVERYDAY!!

Our first night on the beach- it was amazing!! We found some really cool shells that night, too!

It was steamy hot that night, but the breeze was nice- it saved us, actually- it was nearly 100 degrees earlier in the day there.


The water in the pools by the end of the day are really warm- almost too warm, much like a bath, but the kids just absolutely love it!


Sunday, "another day in paradise", as my mom would say every morning as the we opened the curtains to see this:


Our first morning walk on the beach.




Leah and Daddy went straight to the pool, and we met them there after our walk:


Catching the ball while jumping in the pool was a favorite for both Leah and Alex!



Celeste would just jump into Grandma time and time again!



After our afternoon break, we headed back to the beach for some more fun!


Everyone pitched in to help build a big cool castle!




Alex rides in the waves on the boogie board!

Leah loved her boogie board!

Even I got out on one- a first for me!! I decided, why not? What am I afraid of?!- it was awesome! And I never saw one shark!

Celeste even rode it- she made her own little waves! Even upside down, she loved it!
We went to our favorite restaurant that night- Thorny's!!

Leah and Alex got the BBQ ribs- they are in heaven!
Just lick those fingers! Tasty, huh?!

We went to this new shopping complex called Market Commons, walked around the beautiful park there and Alex and Dana played chess on this life size board- isn't it fun?!

Dana won, but Alex came really close!
This is there too- they had lots of fountains and pretty things everywhere!
Just the girls!

That pretty much wrapped up the first two days- we really did alot! Sadly, that night, Alex woke up sick, and threw up all over the floor! That was awful! Not a great start to the week, but thankfully, that was our only mishap, other than when Dana slipped at the pool and scraped up his arm and bruised his leg!! I thought he knew how to get into the pool without injuring himself!! He is better- thanks to mom's neosporin and ice!! Thanks, mom!!

Tune in later for days 3-8!!

6 comments:

everyday katie said...

I miss the beach so much. You guys are having way too much fun.

I am Laura said...

Alex looks way old in those pictures. It must be fun to take kids to the beach that can go in on their own a bit. Looks like so much fun and that was only two days.

Amanda B. said...

One word....beautiful...

okay, more words- that scene is just incredible! I am jealous! :) That giant chess board is hilarious! That is awful that Alex got sick, but I am glad it didn't last or spread around.

Suzanne said...

You're right- it looks like paradise! What a great vacation and all the pics are great too!

Isaac said...

I miss you Everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Autumn said...

I was hoping to see pictures! How FUN! Too bad about Alex-glad he started feeling better soon!