Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

30 May 2013

Invention Convention

When I was growing up, there was no "Invention Convention"- it was the "Science Fair"- and that was all we day. It was tedious and the work was a lot- but you HAD to do it in order to pass 6-8th grade. I remember doing some really lame work for those, but managed to always do great. At Leah's school, they do have the Science Fair, but they also do this other thing- where you have to "invent" something spectacular. You do the same 3D board and tons of work- even create a prototype, and then present it. She did just that, creating "THE STANDING SPOTTER".
The Standing Spotter (TM?!), is a contraption for tumblers, so that if an adult is not present to "spot" you, so you don't fall on your head or break any bones. It will spot you with a permanent arm and a movable one to flip your legs over. Intrigued?! Yes, yes you are! This was her idea. Her thoughts, her work, her everything. All I did was help with the glitter. And yes, this needed glitter! Purple, in fact!
The school judges loved it so much that she, along with a few others were chosen to represent their school downtown at a college for the Invention Convention Regional! Wahoo!!
She did amazing. Such poise in that girl. Such confidence in her creation. She wowed the judges, I am certain. Though she didn't win any awards, most went to recyclable ideas and earthy creations, she did spectacular. I am so proud of her. She is amazing.






It was a long day. She was pretty pooped, and a little disappointed, I am sure. But we were not. What an accomplishment, just to be chosen! Way to go, Leah!!

No comments: