The children were whining that we "aren't going anywhere on vacation" during Spring Break. I reminded them that we NEVER go anywhere during break- our vacation is in June...but they were still sad.
Not wanting to break their precious hearts (note the sarcasm), I had them come up with a few places to visit this week.
Day one: The Zoo.
We haven't gone since the lights in December, so today was the day. It started out a little cooler than we had hoped, but we were quickly shedding layers by the time we got there early afternoon. My camera's battery died half way through the day, but these are some shots we got before that.
We met our friends the Spires there, and that is always fun to have friends to go with.
Afterwards, we went to this yogurt shop for treats. It is a "build your bowl" concept, where you choose the frozen yogurt you like (there were a lot of flavors), then you pile on the toppings of your choice- the kids thought it was fantastic! Not the price, though...oh well...it is Spring Break, right?
I think since we did 2 things in one day, it buys me a day off tomorrow!! Pretty excited about that!
02 April 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
fun!! We are going to Montreal over spring break. I think we are crazy with how much we travel. But it is the only time that Ben actually will stick around and be with the kids so I like that and he wants to see so many thing that he plans it all. If it were not for him we would go no where. I am so lazy about things. I hope you have fun the rest of your spring break!
The zoo here is so lame. We want to come to the zoo with you!!! Hope you have better weather than we did. Only one nice day. Tell everyone hello!
Post a Comment