NINE
Nine...honest- really, can't believe it still.
She is really into clothes this year- must be the "going into 4th grade" thing because she really didn't care a whole lot up to now. She is content in Old Navy t-shirts and "soft" pants- no jeans. Well, not this time around- much more into structured things and hip outfits. She still has this tiny body- barely wearing an 8 and shoes, still a 13. Tiny for a NINE year old!
The other thing she is really into is "Cake Boss". She and Alex watch it daily- even DVR the shows so they can watch them first thing in the morning. I can't complain- it's better than Phineaus and Ferb!! So, for one of her gifts, we got her cake decorating classes and then we attempted to make our own with fondant (before she takes the fondant class!). Here is our (HER) creation:
It was a two layer 8" round. We did the white fondant (yuck!) and then had some left over to make the pieces for it- the 9 and the L's and O's were her idea and so she decorated it solely herself. All I did was the icing and putting the fondant on- she smoothed it down and created away. She was so happy with it- and I think for a NINE year old, she did an outstanding job. Now she wants to make more, since Aunt Stephanie got her a whole cake decorating kit! We are really adding to our (her) decorating collection.The Dowell's and us got together to eat this wonderful creation and open lots of fun presents:
Grandma and Grandpa did a fabulous job of spoiling her with amazing fun clothes- even took her shopping to pick them out! Lucky girl!
We love this girl. She is such a wonderful daughter. We could not ask for more with her (perhaps less lip, but she is NINE, right?!) She has been so helpful with Elaina- I don't even have to ask her help, she jumps right in and helps constantly. I am so blessed to have her at this time with all she does for me. I remember when I first held her- she was so tiny and precious- I think of her the same now- she had a stomach ache on Friday night- in the middle of the night she came to me and I held her in my arms and we fell asleep on the bathroom floor, then a while later we slept in her bed. She is still a snuggler. Lucky me.Leah - we hope you know how loved you are- you are an amazing NINE year old and we are so lucky to have you- if you could only know an inkling of how much we love you- we hope you do.


2 comments:
She's a cute girl. I think she did a FANTASTIC job on that cake. I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that. Cute clothes...I actually love what she's wearing in those pictures...and did I spy a tie? A girl after my own heart.
Seriously fantastic job on the cake Leah!! That is super impressive. I swear I couldn't do as good as she did.
Post a Comment