On Tuesday, Alex's braces came off!! Whoo Hoo!! He got them on in July of 09 and off in May of 11- nearly 2 years to work their magic! Here is a before picture, just to give you an idea of how badly his mouth needed some straightening- he had a cross bite before and they had to expand his palate- then work on getting some room in there for his permanent teeth. Mind you, he still has 12 baby teeth to lose, so he has permanent retainers in until the baby teeth fall out and the new ones come in. He will perhaps have to have another set to straighten them all together- most likely in High School. Let's hope not, right?!
BEFORE:
Cross-bite- a hot mess of a mouth!!


Look how young, too! He was 9 then!

I have lots of him during with his braces:


And now- without the retainer- which is clear and hardly noticeable, by the way...
He loves his new smile- we have to talk to the Dentist about bonding those little peg teeth he has up in the front. We will see- it is a process we need to think deeply about before making a decision. But here he is now:

I can see this huge difference in his face shape too! Lookin' good, Alex man!!
1 comment:
He is so cute. I can't believe how little he looked at nine. I can tell just by looking at him that he is such a nice cute boy. You have done a great job raising him.
Post a Comment