Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

01 April 2011

Last minute preps...

On Monday and Tuesday, I had this surge of energy...it lasted just those two days. I washed everyone's bedding, remade beds and the girls and I organized Elaina's new room. On Tuesday, Dana put together the crib and we assembled the bedding and mattress. Here is how it will look for now...
I don't have anything on the walls, yet- I envisioned some art or her name or something, but I have nothing yet. Her room was already this purple-ish color when we moved here, so we just kept it- knowing that when she transitions out of the crib, she and Celeste will share a room, and Leah can have this one back to herself- and she wanted to keep it this color.

Ashley let us borrow this crib, and the bedding I scored at Target 75% off for a whopping $12! Makes me love it even more! The twin bed is staying in there- it can be a bed for anyone who comes to stay with us. Visitors, anyone?!

The pack and play is in our room, where she will stay for at least a couple of months- I don't like getting up all the way to go to another room when the baby is hungry in the night- so next to me is where she will be. You can see that Celeste's baby Lola has been lounging in there recently, keeping it occupied until Miss Elaina arrives. It is new, and man, did I not know how expensive they are!! I got it on clearance, but it was still steep- but look how cute it is, and it matches her stroller- so all is good.





On Wednesday, my 37 week appointment, I was dilated to a 2, and 50% effaced. I have had contractions for the last 3 days- all day. They aren't fun, but not consistent. Hopefully I can be more dilated by Wednesday this week, and then have a quick labor! Fun times, huh?! Whatever happens, happens- she will arrive sometime before the 13th or on the 13th- so bring it on!

5 comments:

Autumn said...

Everything looks great! Glad you got that surge!

Laura said...

Oh wow! It is getting close. That felt fast to me. I am sure it wasn't to you. I can't wait to see her. The room looks lovely.

Jenn said...

What a relief to have things ready, before you know it she'll be here!

Unknown said...

Come on baby!

Lauri said...

That surge of energy is usually an indication that delivery is soon. Hope so! The bedding in the crib is darling.