A couple weeks ago, I bought 2 dressers off of Craigslist. I had been looking for months for the perfect one- we just needed one for our bedroom, but I was picky and didn't want a cheap one or one that I had to assemble! I looked and looked, and finally one day, minutes after it was posted, I found exactly what I had in mind. It included 2 dressers, actually, and so we decided to use one for our room, and one for Elaina's new room. But, they had to be refinished. But, they are solid wood, from the 60's, in fantastic shape, but with a laminate coating. My good friend, Katie had some ideas....
She had redone a piece similar, so she suggested we prime it and then paint it- easy, right?! ha ha- no, really, it wasn't that bad...she came over and we got to work. Priming them first with oil based primer (no worries, I wore a mask the whole time!!), and then when that dried, we spray painted an oil rubbed bronze (it will look black to you in the picture), on our dresser, and then the next day, I roll painted Elaina's dresser a satin eggshell cream from Behr paint.
(side story: I went to buy the paint for hers at Home Depot...I picked the creamy color I wanted, then had them mix it...as I was being handed the can, the worker dropped it! He gave it to me as an "oops" mix for $1!! Yes, one whole dollar!! Cannot beat that! and I love it!)
Okay,
so here is the before, and sorry the drawers are not in them, but you can see that each drawer of her dresser actually has dividers and compartments! LOVE THAT feature!!
SO pretty- this is from Elaina's dresser drawer, but I did ours the same!
Here are Suzanne and I this morning- me at 32 weeks and her at 34:
Here's to another good week, but much less to do, I hope!


5 comments:
I am IN LOVE with the white dresser especially!!!!!!! Gorgeous!!!! I WILL come see! Friday? How fun to see Suzanne!!
I'm glad you let me talk you into rolling the white paint on instead of spraying. That white dresser is beautiful. The dark drawer pulls work perfect, too.
Your weekend sounds perfect.
love it! I love making something old into something new and beautiful! Good job.
Katie told me about your painting party. they look great. I have a dresser in my workshop that needs my attention...I bought it a year ago for $15.oo and haven't got around to it yet but I vow to finish it this spring.
The dressers look great!!! Glad to see Suzanne is doing well too. :)
Post a Comment