Exciting, right?!
UH...YES!! They are only heaven in an apple- the very best variety-I think, and apparently so do thousands of others, because as we got there at 930, one whole orchard of Honeycrisp were already picked and they routed us to another side of the orchard to pick the rest, and we waited 45 minutes to just park!! Yes, I am serious!
We picked $100 worth, (Sean and Stephanie picked 50 pounds, and I picked nearly that)...they are worth it...I promise! I am pretty sure the fruit farm made a decent amount of money that day!
I have never seen such madness though...each year we go and there are a lot of people, but we have always gotten right in and picked without too many people crowding...but this year was way different- I could hardly believe it.
Sadly, it was the last time I got to say goodbye to Suzanne...she moved away that day and it has been hard for me...Celeste misses Abby like crazy and I said that I missed her mom too. I am glad we got to share this fun activity with them this year too.The weather has been so nice this pre-fall season so far...I am happy that the sun was shining and it was warm that day- and ever since it has been super nice too. I am waiting for fall, to be honest- but I will take these warm days without complaint.
Tomorrow we are picking Golden Delicious and all my kids get to go, so that will be the next photo op with the new camera. Stay tuned...


No comments:
Post a Comment