Not fair.
Tuesday, 23 July 2002- wasn't that yesterday?!
Yep, it was- and I was feeling good.Today, not so much.
Because today, she looks like this:
This little gem of mine is 8 and I can't believe it- but it is true and I am not really sad- but so grateful to be her mom- she brings such light and happiness into my life- my days are better when she is around- her smile radiates so much and I just love her completely. She has really grown a lot this past year- a huge change from 7 to 8- she is learning so quickly- even tested with "Superior Cognitive Ability in all subjects" from her 2nd grade tests. She is quick and has a memory unlike any of my other crazies. She can flip and twist her body, she can run, she can throw a baseball nearly as far as Alex (without ever playing the sport!) and she loves to run laps with me - she has fantastic endurance. She knows what she wants...she is ours and we're keeping her! (We like to tease them that they are on a "trial period"- but we want her forever!)Next Saturday, she has chosen to be baptized:
We are so proud of all she has chosen in her life- and we love her for all that she is and all she will become. Happy Birthday, Leah- know you are our wonderful girl and a very special child of God. We hope your day is as sweet as you are! We love you!


10 comments:
Happy Birthday Leah! Eight is such a special and awesome age.
what a sweetheart! Happy 8th birthday. I hope tomorrow is wonderful for her.
Crazy how fast they grow and how time flies. At least you don;t look any older then you did when you had her..lucky!
Wow...8 years old! Time flies... Have a wonderful 8th Birthday Leah!!! Hugs from Arizona:)
wish we were there! love and miss you Leah. Uncle Jeremy says hi! Hope your baptism is wonderful!
Seriously...you don't look a day older!!! Lucky you :) Kids grow up waaay too fast; glad you have such a keeper!
Happy bday Leah! I love the hanging pic of her below!! Fun beach pix.
Happy Birthday, Leah!!!! Time does fly for sure! In that last picture (her baptism announcement) it occurred to me for the first time how much she looks like her dad. :) She is an amazing girl!
I remember Ms Leah as a toddler walking the halls of the church like she owned the place. I agree, she truly is an amazing young lady and I've loved to watch her grow. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys at the baptism!
it's the mile-stone years that really make you take notice of how fast time is moving along. Eight is a special birthday and I'm sure she's excited.
Post a Comment