We were lucky enough to celebrate our Nation's Independence for 3 days this year! Good times were had by all!!
On Friday night, we headed out to our favorite small town, where they were having a huge festival in celebration!! Dana was asked to be in the "dunk tank"- for a fundraiser for the cheerleaders- I can't believe he said he would! I think it was part guilt for having to resign after teaching there just one year- but for whatever reason- he did it! They loved it and our kids got to dunk him several times, too! The kids got snow cones, and though I really, really, really wanted that funnel cake, we waited too long and the line was FOREVER, so we left without one...boo!!
But, we still had fun, and the kids watched the fireworks from the top of the van- we parked a little far away so we could get out fast- good thing, because EVERYONE in a small town comes out for the fireworks!










On Saturday, the kids played outside in the sprinkler for the first time this year- and they loved it- the we went to our parade and then to fireworks later that night- they rocked!! I mean- they were awesome!! SO much better than I thought they would be- and we had fantastic seats! It only took us 40 minutes to get home- and we live roughly a mile from the site!! Whoo hoo!! The kiddos had a blast at them- the only downside was the heat at the parade- it was brutal- the weather here has been HOT, and HUMID, did I mention, the heat and humidity- well, if I didn't, let me tell you, it was HOT, HUMID, and not so fun...but we survived!











Then came the actual 4th of July! My brother turned 37 this year!! No way- this is huge- he is now way closer to 40 than me!! For just over a month, he is 3 years older than me, and I love it! I feel much younger for those few weeks!! Sean always has a fantastic cookout, complete with fireworks for his birthday- we never miss- it is a highlight celebration we look forward to all year- we love it! We love Sean, Steph and the girls and always have a wonderful time with them- this year was no different- we ate amazing food- this year he made BBQ ribs, and so many desserts, I was in heaven! The kids had a watermelon seed spitting contest, root beer floats, sparklers, glow sticks- they were so happy!


I forgot to post about Celeste's short hair- but if you hadn't noticed...you can see it now!













Sean's firework display was FANTASTIC! I don't even want to know how much he spent on them- I am sure Stephanie doesn't either!! But, even so- they were so good, and I loved sitting out listening to the sounds of them- I love this country, and am Proud to be an American!
1 comment:
Celeste looks so much older with that haircut. It is super cute. Looks like a fun three days! You are such a good mom.
Post a Comment