Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

11 June 2010

Zany Zooers

We used our zoo pass for the first time this year on Monday! It was finally nice enough, no school, everyone in a good mood, kind of day! We even "adopted" 3 other kids to take with us! Are we brave, or what?! Crazy is more like it!
No, it was great! It was really crowded- apparently many moms felt that it was the perfect day for them, too- but still a great day. We had not seen the Polar Bear exhibit yet- it was better than expected for me! I really could have stayed there the entire time and not even seen the rest of the zoo- it was THAT good. So many viewing places for you to see them: above the water, under the water, on different habitation- just so nicely done- I can totally see why it took them years to develop this place. These are my favorite pictures:



We stayed at this spot for quite a while, just watching this amazing beast of a bear play around- he was so energetic!! I just watched a documentary about Polar Bears with a class of 3rd graders a month or so ago, and I have to say that I was completely fascinated in every way about how and why they do things and how unbelievably intuitive they are- Queen Latifah narrates it, and we are going to rent it for the kids to see- it is very much worthwhile.
Here are a few more shots- before the battery died on the camera...






Hopefully there will be more "perfect" days for us to venture out to the zoo this summer....my kids just love it there! I keep telling them that our house is much like the zoo- they don't seem to believe me!

2 comments:

everyday katie said...

I think the polar bears are fun, too. Did you get your camera fixed?

wolfpack said...

The polar bear exhibit looks amazing. I can't wait to visit next time we come out. How is the new house? I miss you. We need to talk soon.