So, we are finally getting all settled in the new house....today we hung curtains in Alex and Celeste's rooms- they look awesome!! I will eventually take pictures, but my camera is still out of commission- I need to send it in to be repaired, if that is even an option- (boo!!) We bought bar stools for the kitchen bar (the kids love them, and I wish I would've taken a pic of them sitting at the counter yesterday from behind- it was darling), we narrowed down the paint color for the downstairs to 5 choices (getting closer!), we got the curtains hung in the kitchen and on the back door (thanks, Mom!!), and we decided to make a kid room out of half of the basement!
So, that is the project we are starting on first...but before we get to that, we have to create a "floor" for the crawl space, so we can put all our crap in it, in order to have the play room ready! Projects, projects...it never ends, does it?!
We also weed and feeded our yard...still looks like a bunch of weeds to me, but better since Dana mowed on Saturday! We also picked all the weeds and added some rocks the kids painted with Grandma to the mulch, that needs spruced up...but, it is beginning to look like our house...we love that. Eventually the kids will play in the yard, but for now, it's just to hot anyway!
The most exciting thing that happened a week or so ago...
Dana got recalled to teach here- so he resigned his job in Heath! Sad as he was to leave there, it really was not a hard choice to come back- his school is 1/3 of a mile from our house- he can WALK!! He won't, of course, but he CAN, the pay is much better, I can scale down subbing, the kids are in the district, Celeste starts pre-school here, Dana can continue to coach baseball and perhaps girls soccer, and we just bought a new house here...That means Alex will have him for Spanish in 2 years! Crazy, huh?! We are thrilled!
Dana also got a new calling in church last week...he is 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric of our new Ward. Basically, for those who aren't familiar with the Church callings, he will basically support our new Bishop directly...he will be a right hand man, sort of speak...he was Young Men's President prior to this, so he may be gone a little more often, but serving in the Church is very important, and he is very happy to serve when/where asked. As for me, I get to keep my current calling in the Relief Society Presidency, where I am a counselor and support our Relief Society President. I am happy about that, too.
We have a busy summer planned...I will take pics with the old, old camera until mine is back, so check back in a day or two and I will have new pictures...promise.
21 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Love the update. I am so excited for you and your family. I can't wait to see pics of your new place with your special touches in it. Miss you. Call me when your free.
So happy to hear Dana got recalled and things are shaping up at the new house! Can't wait to see pictures of your new home! Teresa
WOW!!! Congrats on him getting called back! I know how much you both wanted that and I am thrilled!! :) I am also happy for you that you are settling in well. Can't wait to see!
Yay on his job! Congrats. I bet you're so happy. How convenient! So glad you guys didn't have to be out of work last year! Good job on your house progress! And his calling-he will be great.
Post a Comment