My kiddos have been singing that all day long! I can hardly believe it really is out! I think I just sent them and it was August! It has been a very fast year and they did so great! I thoroughly enjoyed teaching at their school this year- it gave me great insight on how things run from day to day...wow- those teachers are amazing and they work so hard- I just am so grateful for all they did this year with Alex and Leah!
Yesterday was Alex's 4th grade recognition- yes, 4th grade!! I just cried and cried- I honestly remember crying on the first day of Kindergarten and that was last week! I am good friends with his Kindergarten teacher and as she saw him yesterday, it was so sweet- he has come so far in just a few short years. My kiddos will be going to a new school next year, with our move, so it was even more sweet for them yesterday. Alex will be going to the middle school anyway, but Leah will get to be the "new 3rd grader" at her new Elementary school. Celeste will attend pre-school at an entirely different building as well- so that should be fun- 3 kids- 3 schools! I guess we'll figure that out too when the time comes!
So as I was saying...Alex got 3 awards at his celebration yesterday- One for just finishing the 4th grade (quite an accomplishment, I think!) - Another for being a "GOOD" kid- only 8 kids were chosen all together- hand selected by their teachers- he got a gold t-shirt for that- they hung those up all year in the classroom as motivation- apparently it worked!- And lastly, he got an award from the President of the United States! WOW! Only 10 kids got this award - it is special for only 4th graders and they had to achieve over 90% on standardized tests and 90% classroom average as well- so, WE ARE VERY PROUD!!
4th grade was not easy!! His teachers and I don't always see eye to eye on certain issues....but they pushed him academically and that was really good for him- he has really wonderful memories of this year!



Leah finished at the top of her class as well- making the honor roll every grading period! She is very prepared for the 3rd grade- her teacher is wonderful too and I am impressed at how much Leah has grown this year- it was a great school year for her too!

I could not be a prouder mom with these two- they are great students in and out of the classroom- they not once got even a warning for behavior this year at school. I am proud that at school they are on their best, respectful behavior at all times- at home, perhaps not always, but for teachers and leaders- they certainly are and that is a great thing as a parent- at least for me. I love these kids and want them to know how great they truly are!Here's to an AWESOME summer- we are off to a wonderful start already!


No comments:
Post a Comment