So, it was the Cub Scouts' Annual Raingutter Regatta on Thursday....Our second year participating- Alex was very excited, since last year his boat didn't do too well- so he was hoping this year would be more favorable for him....
It was interesting, that's for sure...the weather seemed to be the UN-favorable part, with it raining the ENTIRE time of the races! We were soaked: translation- I was semi-soaked, since I stood under cover for most of it, while the Scouts and all the children and other not-so-smart parents were entirely soaked!! I would creep out to take a few photos when Alex was racing, but stayed somewhat dry besides that!
Alex's boat took 3rd place! He was ecstatic about that! Here are some pics of the drenched night of boat racing:
It was interesting, that's for sure...the weather seemed to be the UN-favorable part, with it raining the ENTIRE time of the races! We were soaked: translation- I was semi-soaked, since I stood under cover for most of it, while the Scouts and all the children and other not-so-smart parents were entirely soaked!! I would creep out to take a few photos when Alex was racing, but stayed somewhat dry besides that!
Alex's boat took 3rd place! He was ecstatic about that! Here are some pics of the drenched night of boat racing:


5 comments:
I love the idea of a raingutter Regatta so much more than a Pinewood Derby. I'm surprised though that more kids don't hyperventalate from all of that blowing. I'd probably pass out.
oh my, love the rain. looks so fun!
Oh wow- I haven't checked blogs in a few days and just posted myself about the RAIN gutter regatta and pretty much titled it the same way you did.....sorry- I really wasn't copying! Great minds think a like!!! ;) That was certainly an interesting evening!!! Felt so good to get home and in dry clothes! :)
fun fun! I like the pix!
looks fun! dont know that ive seen that one before.
Post a Comment