Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

01 August 2009

300 and Counting...

As I began this post, I realized that it is my 300th one! Honestly, I am glad blogger keeps track, because I had no idea I had written that much in the last year and a half, nearly 2 years, actually! I am working on completing my 2008-2009 book- it is coming along, but 300 posts, well, WOW- that is a lot of writing...I didn't think I had that much to say...ha ha...you are laughing because you know me and I am hardly ever without much to say!!

I told you last post that we have been busy...just normal summer stuff, but we have had a little time to hang out with people we like- so meet Carmen and Steve:
Dana met Carmen during his interview 7 years ago- she is a math teacher at his school...he instantly liked her- she is wonderful, fun, fit, and a gem of a friend....Steve we met a couple years later, as he became a security guy at their school...a year later, Carmen and Steve get married- and we hang out with them often- not as often as we would like, because they live 40 minutes away, but as often as we can...they don't have children, so they adore ours, naturally!! Our kids truly love them- they are an amazing couple, who treat our children as their own- our kids even stay the night there- all 3 of them! Lucky them, you are thinking, right?! They are two of the the nicest people we know- they are like family. We spent last Friday night playing cornhole with them, (we played girls vs guys - the guys won, but when Steve and I were on a team, we killed Dana and Carmen- go figure) eating guacamole and pizza and hanging out- plain, pure, simple fun...

They are hoping to move closer to here- closer to their jobs, but secretely, I think it is because of us, because we are so great! Honestly, we are ecstatic- we hope they do..that means more sleepovers for the kids with them and a house to ourselves!!

4 comments:

Lauri said...

300?! I have been blogging for 16 months and only have 125. I better start writing.

What is cornhole? Never heard of it but it looks like fun.

everyday katie said...

That night looks SO fun.

And Mom...you don't know what cornhole is?

Amanda B. said...

And yet you are headed further east....

They do seem awesome- how many people willingly take others people kids??? Tell them I have 4 more they can borrow too! ha ha!!! :)

Congrats on 300 posts....I am at 100 something.

Liza said...

looks like a good time by all