Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

08 July 2009

Take a Good Look at my Face....

You'll see my smile looks out of place...
If you look closer, it's easy to see...
The braces my parents got (and paid big bucks) for me!! WOW!! What a difference a little metal makes! Today was the day- the day that we have waited for- the day that braces became an everyday word in our vocabulary here at our house...
Alex's teeth are bad...well, healthy, but terribly wrong- first of all, he has a horrendous cross bite that will be corrected first with a palate expander and this partial set of braces....this lucky 9 year old has this set of braces for about a year and a half, then a set of permanent retainers for two years, then, most likely, a full set of braces for a while longer! Lucky is the operative word here- lucky for him to have to wear them and take care of them, and lucky for us parents, who get to pay a nice set of their salary for a perfect smile someday!
For history purposes, I am recording the amount for this first set- $3250.00- I think my parents paid about $1800 nearly 20 years ago, so it has quite possibly doubled in those years. Insurance pays $1000, so we are responsible for the rest- see, lucky...it's all in perspective, right?! LUCKY!!
Next Thursday, he gets his expander and the top wire- but for now, this is his new smile- he still is soooo cute!

3 comments:

everyday katie said...

WOWSERS! He looks a million time older. I didn't get mine until jr. high...I was 13. I had to wear a palate expander, too. It's crazy that we don't know what our friends looked like pre-braces. They can really change a look.

Amanda B. said...

Poor kid- I do feel his pain. It really will be worth it in the end!! He is definitely still an adorable kid.

Autumn said...

I think he looks SO great!! But man I remember the first day-oww!