Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

22 July 2009

Family Weekend at the Lake

This was our 8th year going to the lake with our family and friends- can't believe it has been that many years! We look forward to this trip each July...we plan a year in advance practically because there are so many of us now...lots of kids...thankfully the youngest of them will all be turning 4 this year!
Note we are missing Kim and Maddy in this year's pic- they weren't able to come- but these are 3 of the 4 girls born within months of each other and we take this pic each year!
Staci and Ryanne, Celeste and I, and Stephanie and Brianna.
The weather on Saturday was a bit cooler than it is supposed to be in mid-July- but, we managed to still spend time at the pool and do other stuff that we haven't done before- we went to an African Safari Park, where we got to feed animals from our car- check these out: Check out the horns on this beast! Dana was worried it would scrape our van- he didn't!
Just a huge bison trying to get his head in...
These just swarm all over- it is insane and I was throwing carrots out as fast as I could!
Friendly, eh?!
Alex had gone before so he stayed in the back so the girls could be up front.
This was at the end- just so she could drive!
Dana refused to be near the animals- shocker!
Leah loved the giraffes!

Then, we went to the rest of the safari park, where the kids rode ponies and watched a pig race- sounds more exciting, I promise. We had a celebration for Leah's birthday with cookie cake just like last year and then fireworks on the beach and a fire with smores. Life was great! Sunday the weather turned out to be gorgeous! We could not believe it, but the sun was fantastic and it was hot- the kids never got out of the pool!! I took so many pics, so I did a collage for each kid of the weekend, so here they are...
Leah just loves getting to have a birthday party at the lake- what a lucky girl!
Celeste gets more and more fun as the years roll on- she just was smiling all the time- she even fished for the first time this year!
Random shots that were awesome- I just love my family!
It was a great time, another great short get-a-way! I look forward to next year already! My kids haven't stopped talking about it- thanks to my parents for all their work and for providing all the wonderful food and hotel- we are very grateful! So lucky to have them and this quality time weekend at the lake...till next time...

4 comments:

everyday katie said...

Sounds fun as always. Except the wild animal thing. I would freak. I don't think I could handle a large animal poking it's head in my car. EWWWW!

Amanda B. said...

So very cool! I remember doing a safari trip like that when I was a kid with my family. I thought it was fun and would like to do that with my kids soon. Looks like an amazing weekend!

Lauri said...

Katie and I are too much alike...I was just thinking that I'd freak out if an animal stuck it's head in my car.

Abbey said...

That looks like so much fun. I have always wanted to do the Safari I am just too cheap. Alex looks so big in his braces!!