Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

09 March 2009

Spring Start

Losing an hour of my day hasn't been too bad, actually...getting some sleep has been. My kids and I have all gone through the stomach virus this past weekend, and it hasn't been pretty...but nonetheless the weather has been! We enjoyed some nice play outside time over the weekend, and are looking forward to another semi-warm day tomorrow, despite the rain! Here are some pics of the kiddos playing outside on Friday:
Thanks to Jennifer for the rice box that my kids play in every time outside!
Leah rides her scooter she got for Christmas for the first time this year!
Celeste couldn't wait to get in her car and drive!
Alex is sad that he only has his scooter to ride, since his one bike is broken and the other one is too small for him...so sad...he's fine.
The kids got out the chalk and began master pieces...so funny that they were so into their drawings and when it rained, they were sort of sad!
Celeste was covered in chalk after only 5 minutes.
Look at the people she drew- isn't that cute?!
Leah drew Grandma and Grandpa with such precision.
Friday night was Alex's Upward Awards night- by the way, it started at 9pm!! Crazy, huh?! Anyway, the girls were in bed, so just he and I went. They had a juggler/unicyclist for the entertainment- he was really great! Must be a hit- my niece's Upward night had a different guy who juggled and uni cycled too! Anyway, he juggled fire and rode 3 different unicycles- I was impressed. Alex was somewhat impressed, but happier when it was over, to be honest. He got a cool backpack, but is now not happy with it because it isn't big enough to carry to school...he is getting harder and harder to please!
He was kind of funny...he did tons of fun juggling tricks and really worked the audience.
Only 4 kids from his team showed up, but it was really packed in the gym.
I though the juggling fire was really cool-he even put it in his mouth!

On Sunday we got together for my mom's birthday- nearly a week late- sorry I missed blogging about her special day and how much I love her. She is the best mother, more important to me than words can say...I just love her dearly. Hope she knows that and knows that will never change. Here are some pics from Saturday.


My kids are climbing the tree that I climbed when I was their age-I love that.

So there's a recap of our spring start week- I hope the busyness slows down a bit but the warmness stays.

5 comments:

I am Laura said...

Looks like you guys really enjoyed the weather. I am glad you got to do fun things, but sorry you have been sick.

Lauri said...

Isn't it wonderful when the weather starts to warm up? As much as I enjoy the spring here in AZ, I think you appreciate it more when it has been so cold for so long.

everyday katie said...

I keep meaning to post my sidewalk chalk pictures, too. Sorry you've all been sick.

Suzanne said...

Fun pictures! See- you are a good mom that let's the kids play with chalk, rice & climb trees!! I might have to steal the pics from the basketball awards night. I'm so out of the blogging routine that I never take pics anymore. Is that the cake you made for your mom? It's beautiful! Nice job.

Amanda B. said...

I also just live for these warmer days. Monday and Tuesday were awesome and today is soooo cold. Although, just a few weeks ago, we were talking about how much better it felt at this temperature then when it was subzero. Funny how quick our perspective changes.

That unicyclist is amazing!!!

Hope to see you at playgroup tomorrow. :)

I so sympathize with you on the stomach bug- so sorry you had to go through it. Hope everyone is better!