
This is official "Beat Michigan" week here in Ohio, and we are all gearing up for Saturday's BIG game! I will be glued to ABC from 12 noon till the "fat lady sings"! I am sooooo excited and I love that the spirit of the game is so strong this week. Playing Michigan is always a big deal, no matter what bowl game is on the line. It is the "make it or break it" game, and it is always for "all the marbles"! No doubt about it- Ohio State vs. Michigan is the game of all games, and anybody who is anybody will be watching!
My dad's birthday is the 19th of November and is always around the rival game weekend. It is the best birthday present to beat that team from up north for him! I once gave him my student ticket for the OSU vs Michigan game when I was in college- the game happened to fall on his birthday- he was very excited and even happier when we won! I don't have coveted tickets this year (though it's in Ann Arbor anyway), but I do hope we win- not just for his birthday, but because we really don't like Michigan! Actually, you can't even mention that team's name in my parent's house- it is like dropping the F-bomb at church! It is that big of a deal!
My brother's best friend growing up, Eric, used to like Michigan- I think it was more to get a rise out of my dad, but nonetheless, he would wear his maize and blue gear around him, just for fun- well, it is not funny to my dad! Ever! So, one particular time, we were on my dad's boat when Eric decides to wear a hideous U of M hat- well, my dad revved up the boat, and off flew the hat right into the lake it-gone forever! So hilarious- to us anyway-not to Eric, who was highly upset, but it was great! My dad has been known to do far worse for committing this offense in his presence- I won't name them all, but he has a University of Michigan flag, that was stolen from their campus about 40 years ago- was he involved?, you draw your own conclusions!
I just love this week, and I love it even more when we Beat Michigan! So Go Bucks, and Screw the Blue! (sorry if that sounds bad, but it is my dad's favorite saying!)
Oh, and Happy 64th Dad, I love you!


2 comments:
Go Bucks! I loved the cartoon and the fun stories of your dad.
That is a hilarious phrase from your dad. Also love the cartoon. And of course, that great band featured in your pic....
Post a Comment