So, I just realized that I never even posted about my trip in November to Arizona. How could I have not written about that?! Oh, I know why...
She may be cute, but she is a stinker- especially when I want to be on the computer or something that is not giving her my undivided attention. Funny, right?! ha ha - not laughing.
So, for my birthday, Dana bought me a ticket to see Jen in Arizona. Seriously.the.best.gift.ever. I got to spend Tuesday till Saturday in sunny, warm, wonderful Phoenix. Holy cow- I was in heaven. Literally.
I flew a direct flight, which, was wonderful. I get horribly sick on planes, and so to prevent the least amount of bodily fluids coming up, I double dosed with Bonine. Great decision. Instead of barfing, I could read, I could sleep, I could eat, and best of all, I could stay in my seat! Awesome. Note to self: always double the dosage! We got there early, even and so my trip began...
We just chilled out on Tuesday- it was Election night, (I voted absentee) and though we were very disappointed in the outcome, we still managed to have a great night. We stayed up late...well, late for us is probably not that late, but later, how's that?!
Wednesday, after getting her kids off to school, we went shopping. Shocked?! You DO know me! What fun to go to the mall and several stores without tag-a-longs! Even lunch! This was fabulous. Now, before you judge me and think I don't love my appendages, just know that they were in great hands with grandparents, friends and Daddy. I even left meals prepared and money for pizza- see, I do love them....but I loved being away for a few days too! It was good for all of us.
Thursday, we went to Heaven. Seriously. Camelback Inn and Spa IS Heaven. I am not kidding. I got, compliments of my best friend, an hour long massage. I can hardly type as I remember this...so.fab. Then, we got to eat lunch at the pool, delicious concoctions only a spa could have- lavash and hummus and sundried tomato wraps- oh my- then, if that wasn't enough, this was the view:
I just wanted to stay...forever, would be okay. Because we even got to hang out in the pool, in the sauna, take steam showers, and just relax. RELAX. Wow, what a concept! I really think I could live at the spa- do you think they would let me?! I wish.
Later that night, I got the privilege of going to the Mesa Temple with my friend Lauri. She is my friend here, Katie's mom, but we have become fast friends through blogging and her visits her to see her daughter. She picked me up and we headed out there- it was again, so nice.
She graciously drove me back to Jen's, and I was sad the night didn't last longer. I failed to mention the shopping we did...the amazing shopping. So, they have a Nordstrom's Last Chance store there and we scored like I have never scored before. It's high end thrifting, let's be honest...but some great clothing that I could only dream of owning at full price. I got that dress for $8, those shoes for $15, Wit and Wisdom jeans for $10, and $130 boots for $29.99. I think I could live there too! Amazing. Best part- shopping with Jen. She makes everything so fun. She is the best ever. I really loved being there with her and her sweet family. They are my family. I just wish the distance wasn't so far. Bummer.
On Friday afternoon, I got to photograph her family. Her whole family. It was so fun. I had a blast- and the weather could not have been more perfect. You can see those photos here.
We finished off the night with a cookout at her parents' house with the family. I just wanted the night to last longer. I really did. Because I knew I had to go home the next afternoon. I really had the best time....just writing about it a couple months later brings it all to the forefront. If life weren't so busy, and...well, you know- it would be a perfect world and trips like this could be more frequent.
Before boarding the plane, I picked up 6 of the yummiest cupcakes ever for the kids. They were thrilled. They should have been- they cost me nearly $30. Well worth it!
On the plane home, I again, felt wonderful. It was fast, and I read an entire book. This seriously has never happened. I returned home to a clean house and happy children. I am so blessed.
07 February 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment