Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

08 February 2013

2012 Year End


Happy 2013!!

My annual accounting for the year:

What did you do in 2012 that you’ve never done before? 
Took a trip without my husband or children.

Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year? 
I did not make any new ones last year, but this year's list is pretty good, and so far, so good.

Did anyone close to you give birth? 
No one very close, but lots of FB friends! That counts, right?

Did anyone close to you die? 
So thankful to say no. My sweet great-uncle passed this January- he was 89.  I loved him.

What countries did you visit? 
Really?!

What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? 
I would like to have it all- is that too much to ask?! Kidding, I don't think I don't have anything I don't lack...I am so blessed.

What date from 2012 will remain etched in your memory and why? 
18 March - Alex received the Aaronic Priesthood that will bless his life and so many others, and stay with him for his entire life.

What was your biggest achievement of the year? 
Starting my photography business.

What was your biggest failure?  
Spending too much money- life is short!

Did you suffer illness or injury?  
None- even my biopsy on my thyroid came back benign. So blessed.

What was the best thing you bought? 
A new van! 2008 Odyssey

Where did most of your money go?
Vacation, Christmas, new van, healthcare...need I name more?!

What did you get really, really, really excited about? 
Going on vacation with the kids and my mom to Myrtle Beach- it had been 4 years since we went there- totally worth every cent!

Happier or sadder?  
Happier for sure.

Thinner or fatter? 
About the same- thankfully I take my meds at night, on an empty stomach so I never eat after dinner- I think that is the key. I should exercise more, but let's start small, okay?

Richer or poorer? 
Not a fair question! We are so blessed, but this year I took us off track a bit, so I am working hard on that- no debt, but our savings has dwindled.

What do you wish you’d done more of?  
Listening to my children.

What do you wish you’d done less of?
Complaining.

How did you spend Christmas? 
With both of our families! So fortunate to have Dana's parents home for good. It was very nice.

Did you fall in love in 2012?  
Yes. over and over. and again and again.

What was your favorite TV show? 
Chicago Fire and Nashville

What was the best book you read? 
Heaven is Here.

What was your greatest musical discovery of 2012? 
I just still love Kelly Clarkson- she has yet to put out a hit I don't love. I can seriously rock out to her, but my kids fell in love with Gangham style and we are still jamming to that!

What did you want and get?
Everything, and then some...including another lens for my camera!

 What did you want and not get?  
Sanity?

 What was your favorite film this year? 
Hunger Games

What did you do on your birthday? 
Went to Church. But my gift was a plane ticket to Arizona.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
It was a phenomenal year.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Skinny jeans and boots- say it isn't so! I seriously wear that every single day...why was I so stubborn? It's a good look for me, or so they say.

What kept you sane? 
I am not sure I am anymore! Dana keeps me grounded, but even that is challenging!

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I did love Mitt...so sad he didn't win,but it is what it is, and we will continue to pray for help!

What political issue stirred you the most? 
The Presidential Election was super fun to watch- I did enjoy politics for the first time, and really hoped for a more positive outcome, but we press forward no matter what.

 Who did you miss? 
My grandpa who died in 2011 and spending time with him.

Who was the best new person you met? 
I don't get out much.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. 

I learned that you teach others how to treat you. I learned that life is too short. I learned that I will not do things I don't love, unless I have to! I learned the Lord loves me very much and is ever mindful of me. I learned how to be patient and that is saying a lot!

No comments: