Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

07 February 2013

2013

Well, after much trial and error, we finally got blogger to allow me to post! Hallelujah! I have wanting to get back on- I have so much to write about, but it has been challenging to even log on! Let me start with December:
 So, we had a fabulous Christmas- as usual. So many fun things- we got to spend invaluable time with family and give/receiver many wonderful gifts. My kids treasured it and we soaked up every minute we could. So happy to have Dana's parents home for good and have our first Christmas home with them in many years.
January: It was dull...snowy...blah.... Not much to report- but Alex started basketball, and has been doing really good, despite his team is made up of 7-9th graders. He is average in the mix, but has become a great scorer and defender for his team. Leah started tumbling again after a 3 year hiatus. She is doing remarkably well for taking such a large amount of time off. She started back hand springing the first night just as if she never left. She has a ways to go to do them in succession, but she is working hard and achieving some goals. She and I started a nightly journal just the two of us. She writes me before she goes to bed and puts it on my pillow, then when I go to bed, I write her back and return it to her bed so she can read it in the morning. It has been really good for us- it is a nice outlet for her to write about her day- good or bad, and about her feelings with whatever is happening in her life. I am happy to say that inspiration from above brought that to us. Celeste is doing great in first grade still. She just had to complete a self portrait with 100 items for the 100th day of school. That was fun. She is doing well with her math, and is working hard to be a better reader. I forgot to mention that grade cards came and Leah got a 4.0 and Alex got a 3.7. We are very proud.
February: Well, we've only just begun, but thankfully it is looking brighter than January! I need me some sun. I often wonder if I have a touch of SAD. The winter is just not fun. I did do some retail therapy this month and last to help with that, just so you don't think I was all that down! I bought new a LG washer and dryer, and completely redid our laundry/mud room. It is lovely. I also went to IKEA with Rachel and Suzanne and bought some fun stuff there to help. I am on a new budget- and so far, it has been 10 days and I have stayed within! Progress!! That even included the shopping trip! We want to get this basement finished and pay more of Dana's school, so I have to watch myself. Dana started back at Ashland this winter. His program will finish up in December 14. He is working on his Administrative License. Principal? Superintendent? Let's start small...He is liking it so far, and his job is busy, but okay. Baseball for he and Alex starts this month, so back to single-parenting for me for a while.  It's not so bad- I really love it when he loves his coaching job.  Unlike soccer, baseball I like.
My photography is going really well also. I have a couple of Senior shoots coming up this week, and I have loved using my new lens on my friend Jodi's baby girl.  Technique, and lighting- a work in progress.  It is so fun for me, though, and I am enjoying it very much.

Feel caught up? I think we are close.  I want to do my 2012 review, so that is next.

No comments: