Well, it was super nice on Friday, so we all went to pick our Golden Delicious apples and some pumpkins for our porch. Normally we would go with Sean's family to a different pumpkin patch, but this year we were unable to coordinate schedules, so we just grabbed some from the apple orchard. They were great! We had a really fun time- the weather was so warm and a little hot, honestly. The apples take no time at all- in fact the kids thought it was over in 5 minutes- and they were pretty close! The pumpkins took a little longer, thankfully! This is Elaina's first fall, obviously, so there are far more pictures of her (shocking) than of anyone else- but I tried!! If she weren't so edible herself, right?!
Enjoy, we did!
Everyone got their own pumpkin. Alex got the biggest one- and it is so big! The porch look so festive now! I am excited to keep it that way for a few more weeks. The kids beg to carve the pumpkins, but I just love them so much I want to keep them as long as I can- usually close to Thanksgiving! (if we are lucky!) We'll see...
I love fall and this warm day was a perfect one for the outing. We got dinner afterwards and then went to Alex's school for a back to school social. It was nice for him and we got to see him run from us to hang with his friends...nice. He is loving 6th grade, and is quite active with his groupies. The girls played on the bars and Dana and I chatted with some teacher friends. It was really a nice night there too. And on the plus side, little miss 18 pounds is sleeping much longer at night now- well, truthfully she is waking at 1am, but I am not getting her- and she is only fussing for about 15 minutes and then going back to sleep until 4ish. This is progress! I will take it!!


1 comment:
Definitely some of the perks of the season! :) Looks fun!!!
Post a Comment