To make a very long story short...my thyroid is very low and not working at full capacity...many people suffer with hypothyroidism, so I know I am not alone in this...it took 20 weeks of crappy feeling to finally diagnose...then, I started the generic form of Synthroid, and after 5 days I got worse...worse as in: headaches not being touched by my prescription headache meds, fever, hot flashes, excessive sweating, insomnia, lack of appetite, and more tired than I thought I could be. So bad at times, that I felt like a hermit...never leaving the house in fear I would have these symptoms in public.
Finally on Sunday, after suffering and barely getting out of bed most days, I called my doctor. She quickly changed my prescription to the real Synthroid and gave me half the dosage- seems I was over medicated and needed less and the real meds instead. I started that today...
So, instead of being the typical "me" and being "superwoman", I have been much less...and it has taken it's toll...thankfully I have an amazing husband who has done nearly everything I can't do, and my children who are so loving and forgiving of all I can't do too. I have had a hard time dealing with not being able to take care of everything and being that it is around the holidays, has made it worse. I am very hopeful that in a few days I will be better and good for the holidays and from here on out. I will be on this medication for the rest of my life, so I will be happy to get the right dosage so I don't have this type of reaction again.
That being said...I didn't get to send out as many Christmas cards as I normally do or have hoped to do. So, I am posting it here as well. Our love goes out to you this Holiday season. I hope to do more next year and in the upcoming months as well.

By the way, we have chosen to name our new little gem Elaina Blake... at least I can cross that off my to do list!! Thanks for all the suggestions on naming her- it was such a tough decision. We are very happy with it and look forward to seeing her in April!


4 comments:
Sad to hear things have been so rough. Heavenly Father must be preparing you for something big! Wish I could be there to give you hug & a helping hand! Merry Christmas!
That sucks that you have been sick. Things are better now, right? Your family is adorable!
we are praying that you will be better soon. By the way,...what you are going through makes you "superwoman"even more. Hang in there. We love all of you. The cards are wonderful as usual.
Darling photos! Sorry about the sickness. :( NOT fun.
Post a Comment