I did this review at the beginning of last year and thought I would review 2009 and see what I accomplished and what is in store for 2010...
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’ve never done before?
Kept my house perfectly clean and in perfect order for 8 straight months- thanks to having it on the market- once in contract and then off for the holidays- now back on...here we go again...
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I did fairly well with my resolutions last year-I am hoping to work on them again this year- I won't go into detail about them- they are sort of boring!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not me! Ha! A few relatives and friends did- and that has been great!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully no, but Dana's car did- that was tragic enough!
5. What countries did you visit?
Really? As if!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A new house! This is a reoccurring theme, huh?!
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched in your memory and why?
Two of them- 12 May- the day the levy in Reynoldsburg failed and Dana's job was cut
18 May- the day Heath called and hired him to teach there
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a job substitute teaching
9. What was your biggest failure?
Oh, that is a weighted one...not spending as much time with the kids as I could have...
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got the flu in April when my father-in-law was here- it was awful- but having him help was a blessing.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I didn't buy much- we saved and saved and saved...
12. Where did most of your money go?
Savings- it costs a lot to pay to get out of your house!
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
It was not a very exciting year- I felt like it went by too fast, without much excitement.
14. Happier or sadder?
Isn't that relative?! It changes day to day! But really, I love this life, no matter what crazy things happen in it day to day...I am still one lucky, blessed girl!
15. Thinner or fatter?
Pretty much the same- I gained a few this summer, too many cookouts with good food, late night ice cream and chips! But, they have come off and I am determined to not do that again!
16. Richer or poorer?
Well, we were richer, with all the savings we accumulated, but with all the crazy house projects and 15% less income, I would have to say poorer, but still incredibly blessed that we still have enough to move- whenever that is!
17. What do you wish you’d done more of?
One on one time with the crazies.
18. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sitting idly, worrying about why our house wasn't selling...
19. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family- but this year, a new tradition of Christmas Eve at our house with Dana's sister's and their families- awesome!
20. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Stayed madly in love with the four people I love the most...
21. What was your favorite TV show?
Glee!
22. What was the best book you read?
Glass Castle
23. What was your greatest musical discovery of 2009?
I got an Ipod shuffle and rediscovered songs I forgot about! Oh, but I totally love the Glee soundtracks!
24. What did you want and get?
a new small camera after mine broke in July.
25. What did you want and not get?
a Sony SLR camera that Lish has- totally teased me with this summer!
26. What was your favorite film this year?
New Moon- oh, Edward, yeah, wow- love him!
27. What did you do on your birthday?
Went to my parents and had dinner and cake that the children helped me make- oh, and I got my haircut that day too!
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Moving somewhere other than here!
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Buy less,layer more, get new pants!
30. What kept you sane?
Daily rituals
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
The Buckeyes!
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
Prop 8, and the school levies
33.Who did you miss?
Dana's parents
34. Who was the best new person you met?
Lots of old friends from Elementary and High School on Facebook.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
I learned AGAIN that timing is everything and that the Lord is very mindful of me and knows far more than I do! Apparently I need to learn this year after year- eventually I will get it!
12 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
My favorite part is when you said AS IF! Ha You are the funniest!
Post a Comment