Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

08 January 2010

Beware of the Virus!

Our house has been infected!!
A huge nasty virus has taken over!!
Beware!
It has not been fun- this virus has taken away from me many precious things-
mainly: the Internet!!
Yes, our computer (our BFF) has been infected and is no longer in commission- well, for a time anyway! It has been over a week now, and I feel so out of touch! My sweet husband brought home his laptop from school so I could at least check a few things for the weekend...otherwise, who knows how long we might be without our BFF...
I am pretty sure the virus came from Facebook- sadly, so beware- it just creeps up and before you know it- it is all over!
I am going to lose my entire hard drive- yuck! I have most of my recent pics backed up, but not all of them- thankfully I blogged about Christmas before the infection set it, so I do have a few of those! I try to back up my pics every couple of months- so I am not too upset about that, but my programs and other documents will be lost forever....
I have taken lots of pictures these past couple of weeks, mainly of snow, snow, and more snow, but can't post them yet....
I visited my grandparents over New Year's and that was wonderful- they have a ton of snow there, and the pictures will not do it justice, but it was beautiful. I got to spend precious hours with my grandpa who was recently put in a nursing home- for now- but is doing so much better than I thought- Dana stayed here with the kids, and it was the first time I have been away from them for more than one night- they loved it!
We got a snow day today! The kids are loving it- Dana, however did not- his district only got a delay- he had to travel past 4 districts to get to his, all that were closed! Apparently they don't close often since it is a small town....bummer!
Oh well...
I will post as soon as I can with pics next time- for now I am happy to just be in touch again!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Yikes, sorry to hear about your BFF, mine is soon to be gone too (but it's just old). Facebook is a scary place for viruses, but for some reason, I just can't stay away from it.

Amanda B. said...

wow- sorry to hear the sad news! That is tragic! :(

Lauri said...

This was another reminder that I need to get an external hard drive and back up everything. YIKES!

Es Wells said...

that stinks. we went through that same thing last year. that scares me about Facebook. Got an external drive now.