Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

12 June 2009

When Does School Start Again?!

Alex and Leah and Dana all finished school last week...and already I am wondering when it will begin again!! I am not used to this! I like my freedom and just Celeste and I during the day- we have a routine, a regular routine that I need!! I love sleeping in a little later, and not having to pack lunches, but everything else is just not right!
The weather has cooperated a little- the kids have been outside, but now I have another adult in the house ALL the time! What does he do? Drive me crazy, that's what! Don't' get me wrong, I am grateful for him and enjoy him being here most of the time, but ALL of the time?! Yeah, not so much! It works better during the year when I am in charge of the flow of the day!

So, will it be a long summer? What do you think?!
No vacation to the beach,
no big excursions,
just day to day, enjoy the sun, summer.
#1 objective: sell this house and move.
#2: try not to lose my little mind.

Alex with his teacher- saying good-bye and finishing with straight A's- the 3rd grade... Leah with her teaching, getting all out standing's as she finishes the 1st grade... In all seriousness, it has just been a downer week- super busy, but nothing terribly productive, not to mention everyone home all the time! I am looking forward to a really fun summer, despite no vacation- we have a great time just going to the park and Renee's pool! Bless her! I am hopeful with the house and am trying desperately to be optimistic if it doesn't sell as soon as I want it to. Perhaps we (I) have more to learn here. I know we will move, I just don't know when...that has yet to be determined! Stay tuned...

6 comments:

Lauri said...

How well I remember those days! I couldn't wait for school to be out and enjoy my kids with no schedules. Like you, that only lasted a few days and then I needed a routine again. Good luck!

I am Laura said...

I have a hard time when Ben has a day off too. It really throws everything off. When he is post call and sleeping the afternoon away I still have a hard time with him being home because he is in a bed that isn't made and everything seems off.

Sounds like you will have a fun summer just being around. I hope you sell your house soon. You will be in my thoughts.

Amanda B. said...

I agree with you. I enjoy not having to move so fast in the morning, but it totally destroys your routine and is frustrating. I can only imagine how much worse it would be if Aaron were home too! He drives me nuts when he is around to much... :) I feel your pain. Only 2 1/2 months to go! ha ha!

Liza said...

Aunt Liza will come kidnap the girls one day...

Autumn said...

When Jake is at home it does mess with my flow--its so weird sometimes. I'm sure your house will sell-soon I hope!!

Tina said...

Since I've worked outside the home beginning with Nessa being in kindergarten, I can't remember but I can tell you that with it being just me and Brian at home, when he takes a day off and has 5 days off in a row, especially over the weekend, I'm like, Don't you need to be somewhere?!