Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

12 April 2009

Festivities...

This week was full for us! I mean, full! It went by very quickly, and then the Easter weekend was upon us, and it was even busier! It started on Tuesday, when Abby and Emma were here and Leah had an egg hunt for them. She really wanted to hide the eggs for them, and then help them find them- she is going to be a great babysitter someday!

Friday night, Leah and I had a girls night out- we went to see The Hannah Montana Movie! Opening night, no less! We met up with my friend Katie and her daughters Julia and Anna- it was so fun! I even liked the movie!! Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture, but the memories of Leah at the movie are priceless- she danced and sang throughout the entire movie! We loved it!

On Saturday, the kids and I colored their eggs- I don't really love the mess of this activity, but thankfully since my kids are getting older, they don't make too much of one! I only gave them a few colors, and 10 eggs, so it was fast and not so bad. Before the community egg hunt, we had our own....Dana had a youth activity, so it was just me hiding all the eggs- I hid 74! Well, hiding them is an overstatement- I pretty much just threw them all over our yard...it was a beautiful, sunny day, and the kids just love finding them- they actually filled them, so no big surprise there! We don't do baskets, or the Easter Bunny, so they just find a "prize egg" and turn that into me for a surprise. They get baskets full of candy and fun things from Grandma, so we just do Starburst jelly beans in ours, because we know that they will get eaten!!

The community egg hunt was a first for us. The weather has been terrible all the Easter's we have lived here. But Saturday, it was sunny, but windy- so we headed out there- wow! There were people everywhere! We even had to park on the street! We made it just in time! I sent Alex and Leah to hunt with friends, so I could take Celeste. They made out way better than her- she only got 3 eggs! Some of the eggs had candy and money! They got over $6 between them, but some kids got $50 gift cards! Now that is a prize egg! We had a house showing later in the afternoon, so admist all this happening, and being without Dana, I was really stressing! The house got ready, and to kill the time, we took a family drive- what a really nice day for that! The girls fell asleep- bonus!
Before church today, we took some pics of everyone looking their best for Easter Sunday! After church, we headed to my parent's house for dinner- so good- and an egg hunt with fun treats and prizes- the grand finale to the festivities. I love Easter! I love the true meaning of it all- this morning before church, we watched the Easter movie "To This End Was I Born"- it solidified all that I know to be true of our Savior's life and mission on this earth- all that He came to do- I am so grateful for my testimony and knowledge that HE LIVES! I love the Resurrection and that I can repent and strive to live my life in accordance with His commandments that I, too may live again with Him and this amazing family of mine. I love my Savior and I love all that I have been given here on earth. I could not ask for more.

5 comments:

Amanda B. said...

What a blast! I love the collages you do! Your kids are so cute in their Easter dresses/suit- they really look good. It was definitely a wonderful Easter! :)

everyday katie said...

You guys celebrate every holiday with a bang...I swear holidays always go on for days with you guys. Leah is so cute to set up that hunt for her little sister and her friends.

I didn't realize your house was officially on the market. I must have missed that. Selling a house is so stressful. I find it difficult to keep the house show ready at all times with little kids around.

Autumn said...

I love it that Leah wanted to hide the eggs herself!! Darling. Cute princess dresses!

Suzanne said...

What a week! You celebrated all week long. I love that you had time to get your girls dressed, take pictures and watch a movie before church. My girls went to church with wet hair and we were running around all morning. It was a crazy day celebrating Olivia's birthday & Easter.

E-Mommy said...

We had so many Easter egg hunts as well. The kids just love them. I loved your girls dresses. We are praying for your house, etc. Much love!